Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where does the time go!

Haven't been around in a while. I noticed I had some Pm's and after responding to them got to looking around again. I have been doing the same old stuff. Trying to get Rocko somewhere in training, continuing my Helper work, and being an all around awesome family man.

Blah blah blah, here's the pictures.....
Rocko and the girl.

This is our current foster Brie.

Some work with Rocko in the front yard. As a side note doing bitework in your front yard can considerably decrease your chances of: robbery, being asked surveys, being bothered by meter readers, and generally people stop feeling the need to come onto your property.

I've trained Rocko to take the kids on a walk for me...

They still don't understand why people cross the street in front of them all the time.

Mean mugging in the front yard.

We also put our spring/summer garden in.

It is now taking over in full force.

My son is playing soccer,

Fortunately I got this picture to show off to people. Because 99.99% of the time he's looking at the clouds, or trying to talk to the girls. He also will walk around the field holding hands with the blonde all the time. He favors me obviously.

We spend alot of time outdoors.

I also force them to child labor after beach trips.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Awesome pics! I agree that bite work in the front yard would keep people away from the house! LOL Rocko is gorgeous, or should I say handsome! LOL

Isnt child labor the whole reason for having kids? (other than for the tax deduction) LOL

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
Gorgeous babies - both two and four legged varities! Thank you for answering my PM and congratulations on a happy, healthy family.

That is funny about child labor....I always say I can't wait for the day when my kids can make me a sandwich...:)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Cute family! Looks like a nice neighborhood too.

As a side note, I started trying to do our bitework in the back yard during the middle of the day when most of my neighbors should be at work. Too much gossip was getting started about the "Dog being trained to attack", "Kids not safe around dogs like that", blah, blah, yada, yada...... Quite a few stubborn-set in their ways-can't teach them anything, type folks around here.

Hopefully having young kids of your own, visibly safe and hanging out with Rocko, slows down the gossip among your neighbors!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
You nice young family, is sure bonded to Rocko...as I remember your earlier videos of the children training the dobe...nice how he is, stuck on them.
(Rocko probably thinks he is the big brother, to the 2 kids)

Your front lawn training...sure beats a "beware of dog" sign...LOL.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
All great pics:nicejob:
Now your kids walk Rocko!? How cool!! You are passing to your children very valuable and intangible assets.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
LOVE the pictures!! He looks like a handsome happy man! Wonderful to see him so happy with your kids!

On another note, doing bite work in the front yard here, lead to the police and animal control (also had this happen at a park a few years ago). Because someone said we were beating our dogs..

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,603 Posts
Awesome pictures!

Reactions: Tperkins

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Loved the pics! Everyone looks like they are doing great! I agree a dobe in the front yard alone deters people from my yard. I cant imagine what one doing bite work would do...LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts