Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Trained by Tasha & Tori
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She was a little hesitant at first and than she started barking at it, pawing. We played with a stick and in no time at all she was liking the water. Running thru it and splashing it up. My older doberman wants nothing to do with water, except drink it, on the way to my boat she fell off the dock into 4 feet of water when she was just a puppy. Lake Ontario.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
She was a little hesitant at first and than she started barking at it, pawing. We played with a stick and in no time at all she was liking the water. Running thru it and splashing it up. My older doberman wants nothing to do with water, except drink it, on the way to my boat she fell off the dock into 4 feet of water when she was just a puppy. Lake Ontario.
Yeah it sucks when they get traumatized. Same thing happened to my first dobe. I was walking out on a small dock to familiarize him with it and the little sapper walked right off the end of the dock. I seen he was paddling fine, so I didn't jump In and i just got back to shore and encouraged him. No matter how much i tried he never wanted anything to do with a body of water except his water bowl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts