Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics from Signal Point. This place was used for signaling with flags during the Civil War (War for Southern Independence as we call it down here :)) after the telegraph lines were cut going into Chattanooga, TN.

Most pics are of Axel, of course. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! It is hard to believe that Axel was so tiny just a few months ago.

Here is where we were: Signal Point - Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park

Interestingly, it wasn't the use during the Civil War that gave this place its name, it was named by the Cherokee who also used it as a signal point until the Trail of Tears.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Beautiful pup, and beautiful area. The TAG (Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia) area, where they all meet is fantastic. Used to have some land up there, want to get some more and retire (some day) there.
Some of "us Southerners" refer to it as The War of Northern Aggression...:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful pup, and beautiful area. The TAG (Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia) area, where they all meet is fantastic. Used to have some land up there, want to get some more and retire (some day) there.
Some of "us Southerners" refer to it as The War of Northern Aggression...:)
I love the Chattanooga area...one reason why I moved here!

I call it the War of Northern Aggression, too, but I was trying to be a little more politically correct on a forum that has Northerners reading it. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts