Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are a couple.. i got him sleeping .. much easier to take the pictures lol.
In the one picture you can see his green bandages from him dew claw removal.

·
Banned
69 Posts
poor guy how old was he when he had his due claws removed. and why didnt the breed do that...???

and why are his ears all taped up like that did they just get cut??? they should be open to heal and to get air so the wounds heal faster and why arent they UP on TOP of his head
he is cute though

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He just got them both done today, and yes he just got the ears done today also, and they are tape like that to help them stand til the stitches come out ( the sides of the tape are open for them to heal ), and last time i looked his ears are on top of his head LOL. i dont think they can get any higher

·
Banned
69 Posts
yes they can get alot higher :D hahaha but i couldnt see the side no wonder cool just curious having cropped a many ear I was just curious. hahaha cute way to do it though. they should be at twelve oclock and a bit higher not much and by high i mean bases not much but a little but when you actually start taping them after they are healed it will be fine i know it. hahaha he is gorgeous :D

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Don't worry DobiLove Jack will be fine especially with you watching over him. ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ugh.. i typed a lot of stuff but it didnt post lol.. again... I live in El Paso, Tx... there are only 2 vets that do croppings here. and i dont think the vet stretched the ears due to just having them cropped. so once the inital taping happens then they will be stretched higher. At the moment his ears are just up like they are cause of the stitches.

Thanks Okie for your support! Plus i have all you guys if i need more help

·
Banned
69 Posts
that could be why.. lol they will do great. im proud of that baby he looks so cute and i cant wait to see them the minute they come off get some pics when they take the tapes down :D i would love to see it. and that is cool ive been to el paso. cool 2 vets! hehe i love that notso many to chose from i went to like twelve veterinarians and looked at all their books and seen their past crops I am sending mine to Vancouver or another place in canada in ontario.. I cant go I have to send my baby and her daddy to there to get it done. <cries> cant go anywhere neck brace.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, that sucks. traveling is awsome. and i ALWAYS take pictures of my babys lol. so yeah. there will be pleanty of pictures til his ears are totaly standing :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hmm my vet doesn't tape until the stitches come out. I guess different vets do it different. Looks like a good size. Was that a medium cut?

He sure looks zonked out, he had a hard day! I bet he sure is happy to be home!!! And I KNOW mom is glad :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
What vet in Ontario and where are they located? I am from Ontario.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah hes had a hard day. and im not sure of the cut.. here they call em standard or show.. he got the standard cut. lol.. but yeah they look to be medium.. not to long.. not to short is what i say. and yeah im glad hes home. it was awful quiet today with out him.

·
Registered
265 Posts
awwww im sure they will stand wiht no prob :) Our vet crops then leaves them for a week to let them heal..then removes stitches ..come back in 3 dyas and then he starts postin...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, couple more pics of side veiw.. and one pic of his new homeade booties so he doesnt pull out his stitches ( pair of baby socks, white with pink toes and heals from my daughter, and some vet wrap to make them more boyish booties LOL)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow .. thats lots of tape! LOL. Glad he is doing great.
Does he just have a companion crop?
When do his stitches come out?
Why didn't the breeder have his dews removed?
Also its not often they have rear dews is it? Can't wait to see them after they are standing on their own.
Just so you know I tried vet wrap on Rhianna and it slipped off if she shook her head LOL. Now I am using elasticon tape from the vets office and I tape the tip and the base to a tampon applicator. To remove it so it doesn't pull at her hair or skin I just put some alcohol on a cotton ball and run it along the tape as I peel it and it comes right off! She loves getting her ears cleaned with alcohol between tapings. LOL.. very funny to watch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok is he reading a magazine or playing with the toy or both?! LOL .. I forgot to add to my other post that the reason I tape the tip and the base is so the rest of the area can breath. I waited until the stitches came out do do this though. By this time she was getting a decent stand to her ears. I also changed her bandages a few days (3) after the cropping to avoid any infection. She stitches came out after 10 days and I changed her bandages 2 times I think before the stitches came out.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts