Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so it won't be completey off topic there's a pic of Jordan getting ready to take a nap with Chi and Petri when we got home from shopping :)

After taking the pic Jordan talked me into coming over and "petting" the lizard, I swear he started thumping his hind leg just like a dog does when I hit "that" spot. He was so cool!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
THey creep me out! Too much like dinosaurs! I took two in because they were going to die if I didn't and it was horrible. The male was almost that size and the poor femal had been dropped when she was little and had her front legs broken and turned in. I could not find a single person to take the things. I tried my old science teacher who had one when I was in high school, everyone I knew with reptiles.And then my grandma came over and fell in love with them :eek2:
I was so shocked but she spoils every pet she has so she took them. She hand fed them every day.Icckkk. The male died last winter though. I gues sthe females kinda depressed now. they were going to turn part of one of the extra rooms into a huge cage thing with a tree in it. I don't think they are going to anymore since the male died but it would be a net thing to have in a house. Like an aviary kinda.

I should have taken pics. I may get some of the female sometime but shes no where as big as the male was.

\ I'm saying male and female just because I'm guessing anyway,not really sure. Never read up on them that much!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had an Iguana named Dalton. He was pretty cool but had a temper on him! When he was taking a bath, he did not like to be disturbed. If he was, he'd give you a bite. :eek11: He wasn't much for petting either.

They're really facinating creatures but I truely felt bad keeping him in captive. They seem like they need a lot more space than we can give them and as much as I liked having him, I don't think I'll ever get another.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts