Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning my poop woke up with a crusty eye, and had trouble opening it on and off all day. I thought that he had gotten some grass seed in it, as he was running through a hay field the night before. I called the vets yesterday afternoon and they didn't feel it was an emergency, so I scheduled a appointment for noon today. He woke up and the eye seemed much better, but he was still shutting it a lot. I took him in, and good thing I did, the vet immediately noticed that his pupils were two different sizes. He some how injured the one, and the pupil was shut down. It is very painful according to my veterinarian. He gave him eye drops, ointment, and pain killers. He should be much better by Thursday, if not we have to go back to the vets office, and see if something further is going on.

I have to tell you.....I lost it when he showed me the pupils. I felt bad for the vet, but he does know my recent history losing Uno and Mason, he treated both of them. I love this puppy so much that the thought of something happening to him scares me. Mason was gone 6 months yesterday and Uno will be gone 9 months on July 6th. 3 weeks from today Mason would have been only 7. Petey has been a total blessing to me.

Carol & Petey!
ox

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Petey! I hope he's feeling better soon. Please give my favorite red boy a BIG hug and kiss :)

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
:flower: Get well soon Petey.. Drago

Reactions: Luvbirds

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
eyes are the fastest healing part of the body. I hope your little bunny will be looking for trouble with both eyes soon.

keep us posted.

cc

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Hope he feels better.

Reactions: Luvbirds

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for your well wishes for the Petster. His eyeball is still swollen this am....looks very scary to me, but I'm a paranoid case, especially with him! Keep him in your thoughts. The way I feel right now....I want to bring him to the vet tomorrow...just to be sure it looks like it should.

Carol & Petey!
ox

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
Hoping hard it's over with quickly! Eyes do heal really fast. My Frankie girl had a punctured eyelid and scratched cornea. It looked horrible. But with some eyedrops in a week the scratch was gone. (Still don't know if it was a cat or raccoon or what...) The swelling lasted at least 3-4 days, though...

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm taking him back to the vet at 12:30 today...there was a lot of junk coming out of the eye again. It still looks swollen to me, but it is hard to tell, because the drops that I'm putting in there make the pupil stay completely dialated, so his pupil is huge.

Carol

·
Registered
414 Posts
I hope Petey is feeling better soon. Does he paw at his eye or is he leaving it alone? I wonder if bright light would bother him with his pupil being dilated like that. Poor Petey! Lucan sends doberhugs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts