Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He did it...Obedience one! What a difference it has made for us and him! He was terrified of other dogs eight weeks ago...now he runs and plays with an entire pack of them! He also didn't bark once last night, would actually lay down at my side in-between the exercises. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks and go on to level two.

Carol

·
Registered
986 Posts
Way to go, Petey (which btw is the name I predict Puff Daddy a/k/a P. Diddy will take next). Petey, the future OB champ!

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Congrats. I love seeing such well behaved puppies in class and just knowing where they come from. I'm so excited to start our classes.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Way to go! Congrats!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Carol,

Our clasess with the girls start on the 18th. They just had there ears done. Do you think this will be a problem? Should I wait until next month to start maybe? I don't know how much healing to espect in a weeks time. How did Petey do with his ears all taped? Did it distract him much?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carol,

Our clasess with the girls start on the 18th. They just had there ears done. Do you think this will be a problem? Should I wait until next month to start maybe? I don't know how much healing to espect in a weeks time. How did Petey do with his ears all taped? Did it distract him much?
Mandy, I don't think you will have any problems at all! Funny thing...Petey could care less if his ears are posted or unposted....doesn't seem to notice either way! I just walked him with one posted and the other undone....it had come off, so I left it off until after the hike. He looked so funny. I think it's really important to get them in a class ASAP. But ask the "experts" on here what they think. I am a new Dobie owner too. I wished that I had started Petey in a Puppy class the week I got him, some of his issues never would have been issues if I had. Live and learn...my new motto.

Carol

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Where's the cap and gown picture?

LOL Congrats......Rudi and I start intermediate obedience and agility this Saturday! :O)

·
Premium Member
8,610 Posts
big congrats! Do you plan to keep going on? I love going to obedience class ....... it is like my social group :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Congrats Petey!! :)

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
VelmaD....I plan on starting up again May 5th. Petey needs a little maturity to go on to the next level. I want to work with him for a couple of weeks before.

Thanks everyone! Having this puppy has been so much fun.....like a whole new Doberworld!

Carol ox

1 - 20 of 20 Posts