Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for another prong collar with the quick release and I don't like the Leerburg or HS on their site - besides I emailed one of them for a catalog and never got a response.

I already have a quick release prong and it is very sturdy. The ones I saw at Petsmart were not good quality. I did see one exactly like the one I have on PetCareRx site. They also have vitamins that I will be ordering so I'll get free shipping. Has anyone ordered from them? Stores in my area just aren't carrying them anymore and I have been to several store other than Petco/Petsmart.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I haven't used them however, I got mine from Pet Supplies Plus. I actually bought 2 of the high quality small prong collars and linked them together. It has a quick release on it too. I can't stand the ones that don't. There were more of the cheaper collars there, but these ones were nicely made.

How long are your prongs on yours now?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean the prong itself? It sticks out about 1 inch and is 1 1/2 inch long. I looked more closely at it - it is a HS quick release but they don't make it like that anymore (at least I don't think they do), they use these round metal tabs on each end http://www.lcsupply.com/store/catalog/herm_sprenger_collar.htm
the one I have does not have that and for the life of me I can't remember if mine is large or extra large. Plus how the heck to you measure it - from prong to prong or total length stretched out. Oh I know its MOnday now :biggrin55 :help_up_2

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I couldn't remember the brand name, but that is it, Herm sprenger, that's the exact collar with the quick release that I have, however I bought two small ones made for smaller dogs and linked them together. I didn't like the long prongs. My prongs are about 1/2 inch long. I think the two I bought were the 14" ones with the fine prongs.

I bought a set of extra links in case it wasn't big enough. Just a guess but I would think that if you go with that kind and those sizes in your link, that a large would be sufficient.

Here's a link with some different sizes and the quick release offered on them.

http://www.pet-shop.net/html/pinch.html

·
Registered
460 Posts
*gasps* Their HS collars are so cheap! I paid an arm and a leg for the one I have and it's not even the quick release type. :( That'll teach me next time to shop around.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It takes me forever to buy something, especially online. DH says I research things to death before I buy :jonkel:
I'll try that site though, thanks Lexus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts