Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have checked several different companies regarding pet insurance, but always find the monthly premiums too costly for my 3 on a fixed income. Instead, I have a savings account that I deposit into when I can and hope for no costly medical bills. I pay for general office calls, shots and medications at the time. The savings is for emergencies.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
MissGretchen said:
I have checked several different companies regarding pet insurance, but always find the monthly premiums too costly for my 3 on a fixed income. Instead, I have a savings account that I deposit into when I can and hope for no costly medical bills. I pay for general office calls, shots and medications at the time. The savings is for emergencies.
That's a great way to set aside for any unexpected emergencies, or even to pay for the regular necessities, vaccines and such.

Sorry Dobetom, I don't have much information.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I havent checked into private insurance companies for pet insurance, but when I got Darmok's AKC reg. papers back, they included a flyer about pet insurance. By the time I added up the premiums, the deductible, and weighed out what the policy covered vs what it didnt cover, it looked like a big waste of money to me. My dogs are relatively healthy, and except for an unexpected emergency that may or may not happen, the only time they go to the vet is for vaccinations. My vet is VERY reasonably priced, and I'm not too sure that his office would want to do all the paperwork involved with insurance companies, anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts