Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're getting our new dobe at the end of May from Triadel her in PA. With our last dobe(3 abdominal operations in 1 week for a bowel obstruction and $2000 later), which he ultimately did not survive, I'm am absolutely buying pet insurance for "Stella". (Cool name don't you think?)

What insurance is the best? Which companies to stay away from? Is it better to just buy the insurance to just help take the sting out the large bills? Does anyone use the insurance to cover everything including routine visits? I'm curious to hear everyone's take on this topic.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I use the pet insurance that is provided through the AKC. For me it has been a life saver - it paid for it's yearly fee in the first few months that I had Bumpy as he had an ear infection, eye infection, a stomache issue...etc. It also covered two thyroid panels with a small co-payment. They have paid me so much this past year I am surprised that they renewed his policy, but they did. I use it for routine visits as well. It costs me $33.75 per month.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.