Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I thought I would come back on here and attempt once more to explain to the more hard-headed members about what we do at The Doberman Pack. To avoid any confusion about who is posting this, this is Gary, the owner of The Doberman Pack. The last post was written by my daughter.

Let's see, we have been called just about anything you can think of by some members on this forum, who try to say that we should not be breeders. We have even been compared to automobiles. Well let me try to clear up things ONCE AGAIN, I'll start with the "automobile analogy."

Many of you own Ferraris and while it is truely a BEAUTIFUL car a Ferrari is not for everybody. I'm more of a Chevy dealer. Quality cars for the "EVERY MAN." It's the same with the dogs. Most of you who attack the hardest own VERY high quality show dogs, and while your dogs are truely beautiful, a show dog is not for everyone. This is where I come in. Most people who want a Doberman are not interested in shows or competition, they want a PET DOBERMAN!!!

Those of you who attack relentlessly and that my daughter was calling trolls are just to wrapped up in the show Doberman thing to realize that there is a very large market for PET DOBERMANS!!! If you weren't to busy trying to prove that your better then me and your dogs are better then me, then you would be able to see this extremely simple fact. We will not stop what we do here because a few of you try to make us feel less then human. We actually get quite a laugh out of the rediculousness provided to us by this forum. I'm talking full out belly laughs.

I don't know what percentage of members are actually like this because our worst attacks come from about 7 or 8 people. It appears that atleast one mod feels the same way as somebody decided to "edit" the title of my daughters post by taking off the words "reputable breeder." MOD surely you see that my project and the project of show dog breeders are different. I breed PET DOBERMANS!!! Therefore I will not adhere to the strict breed standards that show breeders are held too. I don't care if this body part is a quarter of a inch to short or a half an inch to long. People keep asking about confirmation keep in mind I breed PET DOBERMANS!!! Therefore my confirmation is that the AKC says this is a Doberman.

All of the comments saying our dogs are "substandard" are completely false, I feel our dogs are very standard. It's just that your dogs are exceptional because they are for the ring. My dogs are bred to be PET DOBERMANS!!! I do not breed for show or competition and I never intend to I breed PET DOBERMANS!!!

Your world and my world may seem completely different to you but I see that we all have Dobermans, the only difference is yours are show dogs and mine are PET DOBERMANS!!! So how about we stop all of these stupid attacks that do not benefit anybody and just agree to disagree because our philosophies will NEVER match up with each other. You feel we are trash, we feel you are stupid, ignorant, arrogant, and just plain mean.

The reason I don't post very many comments on here is not that I run from you and hide that so many others will. It's that I have a life that is very demanding and it leaves me very little time to play on this forum, so those of you that comment that "the doberman pack has ran away again" should probably get a life of your own and stop trying to live your life through your dog. Just because you cant accomplish your goals in life but your dog can doesn't make you a better person then me.:p:nice job:

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I don't get it.

My boy is a PET doberman. I've never had any intention to show him in anything - all I wanted when I got a doberman was a friend, a companion, a pet. He came from completely tested parents who had completely tested parents who had completely tested parents (etc) and they were also titled. His breeder had many puppies that were not intended to achieve a CH title in a show ring.

Reputable breeders (show breeders, if you must) have PET puppies.

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't get it.

My boy is a PET doberman. I've never had any intention to show him in anything - all I wanted when I got a doberman was a friend, a companion, a pet. He came from completely tested parents who had completely tested parents who had completely tested parents (etc) and they were also titled. His breeder had many puppies that were not intended to achieve a CH title in a show ring.

Reputable breeders (show breeders, if you must) have PET puppies.
I am so happy for you NICE FERRARI :nicejob:

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
You're quite right. This was a fairly nice post considering that it's coming from me and was in response to you. Please enlighten me. Why is it okay for you to breed barely tested dogs whose past you barely know and aren't titled (therefore, not proven to be structurally correct, something that takes a very experienced eye) when breeders who are doing all of that have pet quality puppies all of the time.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
The mod removed the "reputable" from your thread because you are not reputable.

You are a byb. You can't see why that is wrong. That's why, despite your BS, you are doomed to remain that. You can continue to try to justify your breeding practices but you merely compile more and more evidence of what you insist on being..............a byb. By your own mouth you prove this.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Sinister cannot use DT and asks - Gary, what about the PET dobermans from PET doberman breeders who get put down in shelters every day? Those breeders use the same justification that you do and those dogs end up in shelters (and put down) for many reasons that often stem from breeding or bad decisions on the PET breeder's part.

Edit: I know, yours aren't but you also have been breeding for all of 4 months. That is not my point.

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sinister cannot use DT and asks - Gary, what about the PET dobermans from PET doberman breeders who get put down in shelters every day? Those breeders use the same justification that you do and those dogs end up in shelters (and put down) for many reasons that often stem from breeding or bad decisions on the PET breeder's part.

Edit: I know, yours aren't but you also have been breeding for all of 4 months. That is not my point.
As you have been one of my worst stalkers you above all should know that we have whenever possible rescued as much as we have room for also in our contract it is VERY clear that if for any reason throughout the entire life of this animal if the owner cannot or will not keep it then they are to notify me IMMEDIATLY if I cannot find a home for this Doberman I will take the dog in myself. How many of you would do the same.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Mine in red

People keep asking about confirmation keep in mind I breed PET DOBERMANS!!! Therefore my confirmation is that the AKC says this is a Doberman.

Actually people are asking about the CONFORMATION of your dogs, but as your dogs do not CONFORM to the standards as you so well put because "you do not care" and you will not follow the rules set up by the parent club... because you only breed pets... guess what show and working breeders don't just breed show and working dogs... I couldn't give you a percentage but I am going to say that 75% of a litter (show or work) ends up as a "mostly" pet dog... Not to mention that ALL dogs are pets/friends/companions

So how about we stop all of these stupid attacks that do not benefit anybody and just agree to disagree because our philosophies will NEVER match up with each other. You feel we are trash, we feel you are stupid, ignorant, arrogant, and just plain mean.

How do you stop the attacks? Stop breeding your dogs and adding to the population of dobermans... OR actually health test BEFORE you breed, and put some titles on your dog... Don't just breed because of a good temperament or cause "he is cute"

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
As you have been one of my worst stalkers you above all should know that we have whenever possible rescued as much as we have room for also in our contract it is VERY clear that if for any reason throughout the entire life of this animal if the owner cannot or will not keep it then they are to notify me IMMEDIATLY if I cannot find a home for this Doberman I will take the dog in myself. How many of you would do the same.
I "stalk" (your word) you very little, you are making assumptions. Many many people talk a good talk and then when it comes time to step up they don't. You've proven this on the forums already.

If I were to have a litter (which would be after titling my dog in the AKC conformation ring, probably also in OB, and temperament tests along with FULLY health testing him and finding the perfect bitch) I would do exactly the same. If an owner could no longer keep a dog that I sold for any reason I would insist on the puppy coming back to me and I would take it from there.

However, that one thing does not automatically make you reputable, regardless of what you are breeding.

I want to know why the way you're breeding is okay in your eyes when breeders who are testing and titling fully also have pet puppies.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
The conformation of my PET Doberman isn't so great. I never intended to show her, but that isn't the point. The point is that now I worry about her joints as she gets older. That's the point of conformation, not to have a ferrari, but to ensure a dog that is put together well to be able to function. Her disposition is pretty Doberman, however, that for that I'm thankful. I didn't want a lab with Doberman coloration. I wanted a DOBERMAN.

(and hey, maybe I'm wrong about the point of conformation. I'm only a pet Doberman owner, not even a breeder)

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
vz_doberman to bad your parents didnt think of that before THEY bred
Funny I was thinking the same thing about you...

But VZ has a PET doberman too and guess what she has done more with her 1 dog than you will ever accomplish in your lifetime.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.