Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was in today's paper in our "It's Your Call" section....
Quote "Dog Days are gone
Now because some of you don't have a job doesn't mans your're the only ones out of income. I've raised dogs for 25 years and now we're not selling pups, which means we have to get rid of our breeding stock. Our job is gone. Nowadays every home needs a good watchdog for protection. When we get rid of breeding stock you can't replace them in a week. It take months. A dog can add a lot of comfort on long winter evenings. It takes days. We all love our dogs and when we have to get rid of them it's like breaking up your family. And when they're ready, they're ready and past the baby stage. They eat a lot of feed and take a lot of care. We love our dogs but we can't work for nothing."
Can you belive this person!!?? :mad: You can not believe how mad I was this morning after reading it!!
All this guy is a puppymill and a bad one at that.. I just love the part where they say that they love their dogs and they are like part of the family but Hell, Damn dog is not making up any money so going to get rid of it..
People like this need to be strung up by the Balls and and burned!!
I am going to call in and tell them what I think of them!!
Hell, Here is the phone number.. You can all call in if you want!!! 816-271-8687
You know I really do wish everyone would call in and tell this guy off.. I think I will post this on the rest of my dog forums! It would really serve him right if a lot of people called in!

·
Registered
281 Posts
thats sad that those dogs are now out on their ear as the owners not making any money. Its sad that he calls it a job..many breeders i have met do it because its their passion to better the breed and their dogs are their life. Very few make any amount of money on breeding just make enough to cover costs but i have never spoke to one which could actually say they 'earn' a wage from breeding :-/

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ha! That sounds a lot like the woman who called the clinic yesterday wanting to get rid of her dog because it has bad SA and aggression problems. She doesn't want the MSPCA to take the dog because they won't give her what she paid for it..... So she wanted seditives so she could sell it to some unsuspecting person.....

People don't surprise me anymore.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, it is horrible.. I can't even think what the poor dogs are going through.. here i bet they have older dogs that are keep PG all the time just poping out babies left and right with no regard to what the puppies may turn out like..I am pretty sure it is the same people who have been running an ad for dogs for sale in the paper.. 8yr yorks.. 10yr jack.. and a 6yr peke..
they make me sick!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thats aweful:sadcry:
i hate reading things like that, were the owner is obviously in it to make a quick buck. Ive seen cases like this though, where puppies (and kittens) are churned out at every opportunity in the hope of a get rich quick scheme. Its a terrible situation, but sadly it goes on. lets hope enough people complain and shame them into stopping.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
What did the beginning mean? "Now because some of you don't have a job doesn't mans your're the only ones out of income."

I didn't get that part? I understood the rest though. Crystal clear.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Does it mean that they are blaming their loss of business because people are out of work and not buying their dogs?

Maybe out of work, or maybe (hopefully) educated....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Does it mean that they are blaming their loss of business because people are out of work and not buying their dogs?
I think they're just trying to gain sympathy because their BYBing buisness isn't going as well as it had been. Maybe they're figuring they'll pull on enough heart strings and they'll be back in buisness.

What ever the real motive is, I don't feel sorry for them.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
What ever the real motive is, I don't feel sorry for them.
I hear ya loud and clear. What makes it even worse, is that these dogs, that have provided them with a living are just cast out now that these "people" (I use that term loosely) are done with them.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
Ha! That sounds a lot like the woman who called the clinic yesterday wanting to get rid of her dog because it has bad SA and aggression problems. She doesn't want the MSPCA to take the dog because they won't give her what she paid for it..... So she wanted seditives so she could sell it to some unsuspecting person.....

People don't surprise me anymore.
Seriously? that is pretty disturbing that someone would even have a thought like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts