Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got in from School today my Mom said Holly had been Peeing alot. Sometimes it be alot Then sometimes She would squat and just pee a little at a time. I took her on a walk and she prolly went to the bathroom 5-6 times then she went twice after we got back. So hopefully someone can give me some info on whats going on here lol

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Is she drinking more than usual? sometimes it can be a sign of uriary tract infection - but usually the increase in peeing comes with a decrease in being housebroken.

cc

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's kind of hard to say if She's been drinking more .. She usually drinks a good amount of water all the time thats for sure.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
They do pee more when getting near a cycle, and at 5 months, it wouldn't be unheard of.

But I'd be concerned about a urinary infection, Lexus had like three or four of those as a pup about that age. You might be able just to take a urine sample into the vets to be checked. Just call and ask them so you can rule it out.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Take a sample of her urine to your vet. You want first urine of the morning and you want it mid stream.
The best way to achieve this, is by taking her out on a leash first thing in the morning. Let her begin to pee for just a second and then start collecting.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Not that Princess ever had a urinary tract infection but I would say pills would be given if anything.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
yup - pills. the hard part is getting the sample. Holly will look at you like you are some kind of pervert while you try to get it :)
cc

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
ROFL

What I got to catch it was one of those large scoops in the pet section and after Da'Kari starts I just place it under her and grab the sample.

I bet they do wonder what the heck!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts