Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This photo just cracks me up!

As some of you probably know, Duluth MN recently had a TON of rain and some really bad flooding. In the photo you can somewhat see the brown water flowing down the street, and at the height of the rain storm it was actually a lot worse. The street turned into a raging river! There was pavement ripped up everywhere and a lot of roads caved in completely. We got over a foot of water in our basement, which ruined our washing machine and our electric water heater. No flood insurance either. :(

Anyway, this photo was taken during a lull in the rain. Jolie had to go out to pee, and the only thing that makes peeing in the rain tolerable for her is if we hold an umbrella over her while she's doing her business. Can you say spoiled? :D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Chanel's winter coat sheds water. I put that on her when we had to go out in a downpour & she was very happy.
Kate
Great idea! Ruger thinks that the mean droplets falling are actually toxic and will trully hurt him. I will have to try that next rain fall.

I love the photo too. I have done the umbrella thing too.

·
Riley's Mom
527 Posts
That photo really made me lmao! The weekend I brought Riley home, it down-poured, and the poor little guy would just whimper and cry, shaking, not wanting to go. No matter how many times or how long I stood out there with him, he would NOT pee! Ended up peeing in his kennel all weekend. It was a really horrible start... luckly he's good enough now that he'll go in the rain... but I still have to hold an umbrella because of his postings, lol!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
ha ha that gave me a good chuckle. When we first brought Rowan home it rained for days. I think it ended up being a good thing since now, even though he doesn't like going out in the rain, he will typically go. The most we need to do is sometimes run out there with him (though I never thought to bring an umbrella....I just get wet).:rolleyesww:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bentley hates the rain. He will pee in the rain, but he won't poo. We walked for 45 minutes one morning in the pouring rain without an umbrella and he refused to go. He went a full 24 hours that day without pooping because everytime we went outside it was raining. Lol!

Your picture is hilarious! Maybe I need to try this for Bentley to get him to poop in the rain lol!

·
Boss with those Doberboys
120 Posts
the lengths we go to for our dobes, :rolleyesww:
I have been known in the past to try this method too. (but only when it's really peeing down and it's been several hours of refusals to go out)

Sorry to hear of your flooding problems :(

Reactions: Jennie MN
1 - 14 of 14 Posts