Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Lexus said:
Thanks for posting Brum, I see mostly hip info listed, I wish it would get into the DCM and if it was the cause of death for any of them. I realize that the dogs from years and years ago, they wouldn't know, but it doesn't give a cause of death or age of death. Maybe it is on there somewhere and I'm just not seeing it too.

Anyway, thanks for posting :)
The europeans have denied for years that cardio is even a problem for them so an autopsy is rarely performed. Unfortunately that just hurts the breed more.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
brumwolf said:
Well i can't talk for mainland europe but here in the U.K. we recognise DCM as a killer and as such have a program in place for testing,i personally will not breed from Tia if she is not health tested and clear of VWd,DCM,and hip score is good,remembering that DCM is a progressive disease and should be checked annually anyway.
Do you know how they test for cardio in the U.K.?
I'm glad to hear that at least in your area they recognize it, but I have read posts on another forum from euro breeders where they totally say it is not in their lines, that it is only an American problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.