Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Murreydobe said:
This is true. The president of the DV (German doberman club) has even gone on record saying that in the past.
This really surprises me. I read an article not too long ago (will see if I can find it and post it) that discussed how strict Germany is becoming with their breeding laws - odd colored dogs aren't just discouraged in a breeding program, it's illegal! It also discussed how it was illegal to breed dogs with certain hereditary diseases, coat types, and even sizes in different breeds.
My gosh, if they're going to hammer merling in certain breeds, you'd think that they'd do something about something as serious as DCM. But if they refuse to recognize a problem, I guess it's impossible to fix it...

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I wasn't "complaining" about their system and honestly am not sure of their restrictions concerning "merling" was just using that color pattern as an example. I'm trying to find the article now and have run across some neat info on their standards concerning harlequin danes - evidentally breeding harlequin to harlequin = very bad (learn something new every day:).
I was just saying that I thought it was odd that they were so strict about some things and (apparantly, according to those who say they don't recognize DCM as a problem) complacent about others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.