Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Okie-dobie said:
Based on what I have learnt it is pretty hard to avoid cardio. although what you are saying with these lines they are being doubled up?? 12 is a pretty good age for a dobe to die IMO. :)

Okie, I won't even pretend that I know squat about any of the dogs or breeders, My ignorance will be too apparent and laughable :) I'll leave that to more experienced people.

Based on Micdobe's comments though, it would concern me, that she knows much about DCM being involved in those lines, and it hitting many dogs in those lines especially at an early age. And from what I am learning, yes it seems cardio can be found nearly anywhere and is hard to avoid totally, but, I think it is possible to find lines that it isn't as prevalent in, just to give yourself the best chance or peace of mind that your dog will be healthy and clear (hopefully) and not a decendant of a line that has thrown so very much DCM.

Am I making sense Kim or Mic?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Thanks for posting Brum, I see mostly hip info listed, I wish it would get into the DCM and if it was the cause of death for any of them. I realize that the dogs from years and years ago, they wouldn't know, but it doesn't give a cause of death or age of death. Maybe it is on there somewhere and I'm just not seeing it too.

Anyway, thanks for posting :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.