Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have been on this site about a week and gotten some valuable information regarding my doberman. I just found his akc papers and wanted to ask those of you much more knowledgeable about dobermans if you could shed some insight on my dogs background. His grandparents are - sire - Wiking di Perlanera. Dam - Kimbertal's Miss Sam I Am. His gg grandparents are sire - Bagio Bobi Renewal and dam - Coco-Chanel King of Darkness. Other gg grandparents are Aristo Leo Di Motta Visconti and Dielsi's Mattie.

You all have already told me that Kimbertal is a puppy mill and I was heartbroken as that makes me ill....but on the male side is it just as bad? I believe there are many many championships on the male end - can someone shed some light for me. Also, does anyone know of any health concerns that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Lana

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Absolutely none of them showed up in the OFA database, so none of them received health testing, at least through OFA anyway. But I don't know if they were in America, or overseas.

Question to someone - Does OFA just deal with American dogs? Or do the overseas testings go into the database as well?

·
Banned
675 Posts
OFA will enter any dog whose xrays are sent to them to evaluate. European countries have their own systems, so imported dogs are not in the OFA database unless the new owner in America wants to have them tested thru that system. And Kimbertal would not be interested in that, IMO. They don't even OFA their domestic dogs.

Wiking di Perlanera is an import from Europe. He was at one time called the biggest Doberman in Europe, which is probably why Kimbertal was interested in him, because they like to breed oversize dogs. Bagio Bobbi Renewal is a European dog also, littermate to the more famous Baron Nike Renewal. Baron Nike is ten years old now, I don't if Bagio Bobi is still alive.

What Kimbertal has done recently is import a lot of male Dobermans from Euroepe, largely from a European puppymill called Altobello. Unlike Kimbertal, Altobello does show some of their dogs, and the dogs that Kimbertal imported seem to have championships from small eastern European countries. This means countries much smaller than Germany or Italy for example, so the competiton for these championships isn't great. But it enables Kimbertal to advertise their puppies as champion sired.

Their puppies never seem to have champion mothers, because Kimbertal doesn't show their dogs, doesn't trial them in performance events, the only thing they do with them is breed them.

I remember liking a couple of their imported studs from their photos, and yes there are some respected pedigrees behind them. But all Kimbertal is doing is just riding on the coattails of what the European breeders have accomplished.

The worst thing about Kimbertal, IMO, is not that their dogs lack quality, they may produce some that have decent quality, they breed so many it's bound to happen sometimes, but that they don't care about their dogs, the dogs are just a money-making machine to them.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
I try to search for you a bit and this is what I found so far.

http://www.dobermannreview.co.yu/db/details.php?id=2298 this is the link of
Bagio Bobbi Renewal

this is Wiking di perlana
http://www.dobermannreview.co.yu/db/details.php?id=372

Aristo Leo Di Motta Visconti
http://www.dobermannvereniging.nl/m...20&PHPSESSID=2e342d13c1887ba249f2ee2aafffa274

You can find a lot about some european dogs on the dobermann revieuw
the link is
http://www.dobermannreview.co.yu/default.php

If you googled a bit you can find a lot!

Good luck with your search

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I suppose this explains why my boy weighs 95lbs at 10 months.....his granddaddy was huge.....I had no idea :)

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
If La-Dobry's who I think she is then I believe she's trying to start up a pedigree site, which is possibly why she's asking? If so you should start a thread and talk about your site, it's pretty interesting.

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
I remember Lana... I think her Dobe's name was Bumpy... I wonder if he's still around...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts