Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all

I was hoping some of you guys could look at the pedigree info and the pics of the dog I may get. His name is Ivan and he is 7 months old. He is from Linda from briarwood dobermans in Ohio. She was keeping him to show but at 7 months she decided he was a little long in the mid section and would not enter him into competitions.

What does everyone think based of pedigree info and pics?

http://imgur.com/a/fu9To

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hes been in a training class for dogs that will be show dogs. Linda also has a puppy socialization program she does will all pups.

·
Super Moderator
21,997 Posts
What are you looking for in a dog? Companion, sport (agility, etc.)...?

For me, personally, it's not a pedigree I'm interested in, for a variety of reasons. I'd also personally be very wary of an older pup in terms of socialization and exposure. If you are interested, I'd be sure to take the pup off his "home turf" to a variety of places and see how he reacts to new things. Even better, take a very skilled dog trainer with you to evaluate his temperament.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Very nice pedigree - Linda Duff breeds some of the nicest dogs I have seen and I loved her Volt - CH Briarwoods Stroms a Brewin. He is the great grand sire to my Shrock. If Linda was going to show him then you don't have to worry about his socialization. She has been in the breed for many years with many champions.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I'd check him out-as long as they're socialized well, older puppies and young adults are a GREAT option. I had such a positive experience bringing a well bred adolescent guy into my home that I'm really reluctant to ever buy another young puppy.

Opinions about pedigrees are going to vary, based on personal taste.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I don't know much about Briarwood, but I would say if a breeder was keeping a pup for possible show, the pup usually travels to a lot of shows and gets a lot of socialization. I got D'Va at 8 months of age from Michelle at Foxfire...she had been traveling with Michelle to shows from about 10 weeks on so she was a very well socialized pup.

Jan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts