Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My almost 2 year old son wanted to give out treats last night. He would tell her to sit before every treat even though she already was. :) She amazes me how gentle she is taking treats from him compared to my poor fingers.

She got to go to Petco today for some new treats and toys and got alot of pets and one lady bought her a large gourmet cookie. She was really moved by her and thanked me for adopting her.

She sniffed noses with the adoptable Greyhounds that were there. They invited us back so Peaches could hang out with them and lay on their blankets. She had a good day.

Here are some pics from her "training session".

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Aww, what a good girl. Isnt it amazing how animals sense innocence. Its like they know to be gentle without ever being told. Also, I think Red is her color :D

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awwww what a peach! :) She sounds a sweet as can be! I would buy her a big gourmet cookie too if I met her at a petstore!! :):)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Aww that's so sweet :)

Bruno is also very gentle when it comes to taking a treat/food from anyone's hand. My sister's Dobe (Bruno's sister) on hte other hand is all TEETH when she takes something or gives kisses lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
well done to you for getting your child in on the training. it helps to form a bond and respect for one another.congrats on the rescue shes a beauty :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Twinkletoes said:
well done to you for getting your child in on the training. it helps to form a bond and respect for one another.congrats on the rescue shes a beauty :)
Yeah, I start when they are babies. I hold the baby and baby holds and gives treat when I give the command.

My daughter was quite proficient in handling Cole and also handles Peaches well. Peaches just doesn't need as much handling as Cole did. :)

Here is my daughter sitting Cole with a hand signal when she was 3 1/2 years old.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That is cute CM. Peaches looks so gentle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts