Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
I heard this today also - what a sad day for the Doberman world - she was WAY more than just a great cropping vet. :(

I personally don't think that cropping will have to be outlawed, the good croppers will just slowly retire or die and there will be no-one to take their place.

RIP Patty Edwards DVM

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
She did Fiddler's ears many years ago... Maybe 13 years ago. I don't remember her being all that old. How old was she? Anybody know? I was always very pleased with the care that she gave Fiddler, and his ears were gorgeous. Such sad news to hear. :(

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She did Fiddler's ears many years ago... Maybe 13 years ago. I don't remember her being all that old. How old was she? Anybody know? I was always very pleased with the care that she gave Fiddler, and his ears were gorgeous. Such sad news to hear. :(
I saw an email sent by her brother, who said she'd just turned 65. I'd been hearing she was in poor health for some time...

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I think she was one of the best. I knew her health was failing but I didn't know how serious. She did my Charley Girl. I think she was an artist.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Patty cropped both my litters back in the early 70s. She was friends with the owner of the dog I used for the second litter, so we were all there for the croppings, after hours in the office at Sandy Springs, Ga. I found Patty to be very nice, funny with an engaginging personality. She showed me how she started the crops to make sure they were the same length, then told me she laid the cropped flaps together to make sure they were evenly cut/same size. She was going to let me watch, but after the first snip, I couldnt, not my puppy. Patty also told humorous tales of her vet school experiences. She owned Highbriar Osiris at that time and talked of him. //////I have always treasured that experience and thought of it often. I knew Patty was around my age and wondered about her health. She was an artist and a great asset to the doberman breed. Patty will be greatly missed. A tragic loss. My condolences to her family and friends.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts