Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure has been a long-time since I posted a Mr. B and Me adventure on here and friends and this is a totally different adventure ---- For Sure : ))

This problem started well before Mr.B made his way to East Central Indiana - But I had had trouble with my knees since a young guy , I had surgery for a new knee planned 7 years ago then got hurt on the farm , then after that we had the green light to go for it , all tests done and the Covid hit and then that was a done deal --- Again .

I had my planned appointment late winter with my Doc to get the wheels moving again , It had gotten so bad I could barely walk and what was left of it I was chasing that little hellion around , lol This when things started to go well , it seemed like every week some kind of scan or tests were being done , But there was One question yet to be answered , What to do with Evie ? Or even Kadin , Misses had hurt her foot and had a heck of a time getting over it and I knew she could not handle little one .

One day I was talking to Joyce Cates on the phone , She had been on me about getting the knee replacement so I called to share the news , it was a go ! Then she asked , what are you going to do with LG ? I said now Joyce , Thats a dang good question ! She said just bring her over here to stay how ever long you need it to be , I told her I really hated to , Joyce said Why ?? I said we are good friends and I'm afraid if I bring her over there you would never talk to us again , LOL

So on the 23rd , I loaded up all of LG's stuff - I had it ready and we planned out what she needed for a stay that long , It was a nice 1 1/2 drive over to the Buckeye , Little girl did great , the last time she had been on a ride this long she was 10 weeks old : )))) , Joyce meet us at the pickup and it looked like it was going to storm any second as I grabbed the food , toy , sucky Blanket , everything , Evie looked like she had done this a thousand times , This was just a quick drop off and out of there , Joyce showed me where she would be staying , Now the funny part , there was 2 other Dobers crated there , LG just walked into her pin , made a circle and laid down looking the other way , like those other Dober were not there LOL

This when I hard to swallow RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL hard ! Her eyes and mine meet ! They were the big wide open Dober eyes , ears ?? straight out and sort of slicked back , Mine ? well they had tears in them , I told her to be GOOD and do as Joyce says to do ! I could see fear in her eyes , I had to get out of there ! After a short walk around , it was time to head back to Indiana --- now neighbor's , that was one long and lonely trip , The good part ? She was going to be with other strangers and dogs at first , anyway

I was going to write this as one story and I have a long ways to go , so will make it a 2 or 3 part story

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Awe, good luck on your surgery and I’m sure she will be fine.

Reactions: melbrod

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 8 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
6,770 Posts
Doc, that experience will be great for her, change of scenery and socializing (trying to boss around in LG's case) other Dobers. She was probably going stir crazy at your house and I believe this will make her better behaved with Mr. B, when she returns home. I want to do the same with our Neo, take him over Spock's breeder's house so he can be bossed around by her pack of senior female Dobes, which should humble his [email protected] a$$ some, being the Doberteen that he is.

When we pulled our past rough Collie from his first kennel stay years ago, he jumped into our car and never got car sick again for rest of his life and loved riding in car!

Post Edit Note: Just got off phone with Ken and turns out LG is now a little fish in a big pond, youngest female in a house with older females. So, her proven Mr. B bossing technique is not flying well there! She's become somewhat reclusive and maybe wishes she was back home? :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts