Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any great places around the northern VA area (LEESBURG, ashburn, manasass etc.) where you can take your dog?

I want to take Diesel somewhere he can roam and run and just get out of our little back yard. Give him a chance to explore. I want him out of the house as much as possible since its starting to get nice out p.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I used to take Otto to Bull Run when I lived in NoVa and walk around the back fields. We wouldn't see another person for hours and I'd let him off leash to play in the river.

Blandy is a really great place to go as well. You can walk around forever and it's gorgeous. Definitely was one of my top 5 places to take Otto:
Blandy Experimental Farm | Environmental Education For All Ages

If you are over 21, dogs are allowed at Breaux Vineyards, which has nice fields to walk around in. Plus, the dogs can sit next to you during wine tasting.

Other places we'd go: Great Falls (either side), DC National Mall, Blake Lane, and Fountainhead Regional Park. I'm sure I can think of more.

In the meantime, go to Blandy!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to take Otto to Bull Run when I lived in NoVa and walk around the back fields. We wouldn't see another person for hours and I'd let him off leash to play in the river.

Blandy is a really great place to go as well. You can walk around forever and it's gorgeous. Definitely was one of my top 5 places to take Otto:
Blandy Experimental Farm | Environmental Education For All Ages

If you are over 21, dogs are allowed at Breaux Vineyards, which has nice fields to walk around in. Plus, the dogs can sit next to you during wine tasting.

Other places we'd go: Great Falls (either side), DC National Mall, Blake Lane, and Fountainhead Regional Park. I'm sure I can think of more.

In the meantime, go to Blandy!
Thank you! I had never heard of Blandy but we will check it out.

I'll definitely be going to Breauz Vineyards. Nothing better then drinking wine and being with yor dog :)

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Thank you! I had never heard of Blandy but we will check it out.

I'll definitely be going to Breauz Vineyards. Nothing better then drinking wine and being with yor dog :)
Sounds like a fantastic place...a Vineyard...and Diesel can drive the adults home...lol.

Years ago, my wife took our girl to a huge walk around garden that sold only Hostas plants.
Amy was a big hit running around freely (over many ceedar chip walkways).
- the staff fussed over her / so many new things to see and smell, it was quite the maze and adventure

At the end of our city park, there is a small woodlot that backs onto a 20 acre gravel pit pond.
Amy loves this place best...and the mini trails are also lined with cedar chips / soft on a girls toes.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a fantastic place...a Vineyard...and Diesel can drive the adults home...lol.

Years ago, my wife took our girl to a huge walk around garden that sold only Hostas plants.
Amy was a big hit running around freely (over many ceedar chip walkways).
- the staff fussed over her / so many new things to see and smell, it was quite the maze and adventure

At the end of our city park, there is a small woodlot that backs onto a 20 acre gravel pit pond.
Amy loves this place best...and the mini trails are also lined with cedar chips / soft on a girls toes.
Crap I forgot I have to teach Diesel how to drive before we can go haha

That sounds amazing! It's times like these I wish I lived in the country or away from the city and had a lot of land Diesel could just run and explore on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts