Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dober punched, poked, and trodden on. But this has never happened to me:

I was petting Chase, he sneezed. As he sneezed, his canine tooth came crashing down on my knee and broke the skin. Owie :(

What other odd or funny accidents have you been in?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Is his tooth ok? lol I never had a tooth imbedded in me, but I've had a lot of bruises, my husband would ask, "where did you get that bruise", I just look down at Oliver.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've been dober punched, poked, and trodden on. But this has never happened to me:

I was petting Chase, he sneezed. As he sneezed, his canine tooth came crashing down on my knee and broke the skin. Owie :(

What other odd or funny accidents have you been in?
I had the sneeze, "puncture" hand with canine tooth... It felt like someone smashed my hand with a hammer.....for days.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
when I was testing out Odins to life vest I would swim out and he would follow me, when he got close enough his nails would claw me and he left some pretty epic bruises. I should have taken pics because they were huge lol.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Was Dremeling Rachael's nails when she was a puppy. Her front end was in my lap, and she suddenly flung her head backward. The taped end of her posted ear went right in my eye. The eye doc said, "I'm going to press here, and see if anything leaks out..." She had made one slice and two holes that went all the way through my cornea. It HURT!

Huge black eye when Doberman forehead collided with my face. A couple of giant purple goose eggs... same deal. Broken shin when a spinning Dober-ass crashed into my leg. Kept a broken nose (not Dober-related) from healing for a freakin' year by bumping into it repeatedly.

I've always had dogs, frequently large dogs... I have never been injured by any of my dogs but a Doberman. They're just not safe to live with LOL!

·
Registered
826 Posts
ouch!! yeah various bruises, a lump from Jezebel lifting her head up (it hit mine) that has been there for 3 months now..

A broken ankle from being pulled by one dog and falling over the other (both dobes).

And various people at the park get the "doberman knee" whereby they have been smashed into and left unable to walk for a few minutes:D

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Avril and Jessie do this thing where they drop the tennis ball near me/on my lap and then stare it and will suddenly both dive for it. The other day they dropped it next to me, stared at, then Jessie ran her head into my knee and Avril bit my thigh trying to get it.

Cupid has the roughest pads and he feels the need to paw me in the eye occasionally.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
My grown daughter got a nose pokie to her eye, which gave her a black eye.
Just about a week ago, I had Kiss in a sit and I bent over her and she jumps up hitting the tip of my nose. I was positive she broke my nose. There was no blood, so guess not. As I was walking to the car, though, I thought about a self defense class that taught a shot where you aim at the chin, hit the end of the nose driving the bone into the brain for a "kill shot". I thought, "I can see the headlines now, Master killed by Dobie head butt. We always knew those Dobermans were killer dogs........ bah humbug.":karate1:

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when I was testing out Odins to life vest I would swim out and he would follow me, when he got close enough his nails would claw me and he left some pretty epic bruises. I should have taken pics because they were huge lol.
Oh my goodness, I didn't realize PADS were weapons too. Chase cannot swim, so I must support him (I bought him a life jacket now) and his paws were just going. I looked like I was attacked by a bear or something lol.

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
I was wearing shorter loose shorts the other day and Rosie decided a good nose poke up the bottom was in order (under the shorts). Needless to day, cold wet nose, I jumped and smashed my head off the wall. I've had a headache for two days now

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
I get my boobs smashed a lot from her. Lots of bruises. I have one on my arm now I got yesterday from her because she was so happy to see me. I've had a black eye from a head butt, thankfully no broken bones.......yet.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've been zipped across the thigh by the retractable when he switched directions unexpectedly. That really hurts. Mother of a rope burn. Still have a scar.

My husband had his boys stepped on when Dylan landed in his lap then changed directions and took off again (serves him right for sitting on the floor - duh).

I've had an almost continuous bruise on my upper thigh where he grizzly swipes me with his front paw after we come back in for pottying. Still not sure why he does this, but he does it every time. You'd think I'd have learned to avoid it by now.

We've all been zinged by the end of a long stuffie toy when he shakes it like a maniac. The squeaky snake is the worst. Damn, but that stings! Worse than getting popped with a towel!

·
Registered
523 Posts
My mom just had her knee replaced for an injury that was significantly worsened by a Chase drive-by. Sorry, mom! He also hurt my shoulder when he ran by, hit me in the knees, and flipped me onto my head. I was standing one second and face-planted the next. Couldn't lift my arm above my shoulder for a few. He was SO SORRY and panicked as I was swearing at him from the ground. He has an obsession about getting really close when running - something we're working on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts