Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Beautiful photo!

I noticed your collar. Is it Herm Sprenger Neck Tech? I have one, too, and I have mixed feelings. How do you like it? For basic walks and trips out in public, I feel like in addition to offering adequate correction, it looks much more appealing to the uneducated eye. But for actual obedience work, I don't feel like it has as much effect as a traditional prong. Also, it's noisy when you give a correction. Did you notice that? Just curious...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Chase's winter coat resembles a turn out blanket for a horse, so all the little kids point and yell: 'look mommy! A horsie' :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
We've heard two interesting comments on our last walk with the Doberman and the Westie:

"I don't know what kind of dog that is; I think it's something Egyptian" :confused:

"That little white dog is friendly; that big brown one looks mean."

The second comment made us snicker because actually it's the Westie that has an attitude; not the Dobe.:D

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
I had a similar comment once with a little kid - he walked by us with his mom, and pointed at Si and said "Mom! That dog looks like a horse!" :D

·
Got mutt?
13,842 Posts
We've heard two interesting comments on our last walk with the Doberman and the Westie:

"I don't know what kind of dog that is; I think it's something Egyptian" :confused:

"That little white dog is friendly; that big brown one looks mean."

The second comment made us snicker because actually it's the Westie that has an attitude; not the Dobe.:D
Have people never heard about terrier attitude? As in, they are "Terrier-ists"

Back when I had both Gin and Lucky, people were always afraid of Gin, because she was so big. Lucky was the one I was more worried about biting someone, because he was much more nervous than she was. Gin was 80 pounds, Lucky is about 26 pounds.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
The other day I was walking Enzo when I saw a father holding his young daughter's hand and walking towards us. As they got closer I heard the father say "No honey, thats a doggy... not a horsey."

Ha!

Handsome boy.
We need to have a Dobie play date in the Cleve. area

1 - 13 of 13 Posts