Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tips started to look like they may be leaning in a bit after 8 hours or so of playing so they are back up but I like the crop so far. It'd only been a couple weeks since the surgery so I think they are doing pretty well. I'm hoping within a month we'll be done with posting.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Don't be surprised if your ears don't stand after only 1 month of posting. Not saying it's impossible, but improbable. Depending on the length of the crop, some post for around 4 months upwards of 1 year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm prepared to have to post longer if needed. I'm not sure how long they should stand before they're deemed "OK" for not having to post anymore. He managed to pull one side out so I took the other one out so I could clean and take a pic before putting them back in.

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
Mines almost 7 months and I'm just about done with his posting.
Cute puppers btw :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
I was told we would post through teething, and test it out when she was done. So I'm thinking when shes 6 or 7 months old. :)

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Vader was 6 months when his ears stood. . . I posted for a few weeks more just to make sure he was done teething. His ears never fell. When we reposted we cleaned his ears and they went right back up.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
He's a cutie. My breeder told me 4 months of posting so when he's 6-7 months we can try and stop. They also recommend posting through teething so just to be safe I think we might post till he's 7-8 months. Don't be surprised if they dont stay standing. It's a long process.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, we're starting our first puppy class tonight. It's a petsmart class but it was the only class I could find around and the trainer kinda looks and sounds like an older Ceaser Milan so maybe we'll get lucky! ;) Titan has loved playing with all the dogs he's met so far, so hopefully he'll have a good time tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts