Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On July 14th in Idaho, my boy Thor finished his Championship! Our first purebred dog, our first Doberman, our first show dog, we are just so thrilled with him, and so proud he is now a Ch!

We bought him as a pet, and stumbled into showing him when his breeder was so pleased with how he was maturing. Now we have a champion, have a second Dobe, joined the local club, joined the DPCA, help one of our mentors as kennel help, help raise puppies a little, take handling classes, and I even put my first point on a dog last month! It's been a fun, exciting 3 years, and it all started with our much loved, goofy red boy!!

New Ch. Pennylane So Be Special Tazman CGC

His first major:

With his new collar my husband made:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Congratulations on the new Championship with your boy...he's very handsome and looks really good with Lisa! Dog showing can become very addictive!! :)

Love the collar also!!

Jan

Reactions: Nynaeve

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
Congratulations!!

Love that collar - looks great on Thor. Your husband must be crafty!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! He just adores Lisa, he'll really miss traveling with her. And it is addictive, we already have a black show bitch!

Thanks, he is crafty! He started making collars, and I make wet coats now. Most of the local club members have been buying our stuff. :roflmao:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Yes, this is how the addiction starts. Dobermans are like potato chips.

Congratulations.

On July 14th in Idaho, my boy Thor finished his Championship! Our first purebred dog, our first Doberman, our first show dog, we are just so thrilled with him, and so proud he is now a Ch!

We bought him as a pet, and stumbled into showing him when his breeder was so pleased with how he was maturing. Now we have a champion, have a second Dobe, joined the local club, joined the DPCA, help one of our mentors as kennel help, help raise puppies a little, take handling classes, and I even put my first point on a dog last month! It's been a fun, exciting 3 years, and it all started with our much loved, goofy red boy!!

New Ch. Pennylane So Be Special Tazman CGC

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Congratulations!!!

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
Congratulations. I have often dreamed of the same thing you have accomplished. Maybe someday as our hobby...gotta get rid of the kids first. :rolleyesww:

I have such a soft spot for red boys they are the best and Thor is lovely. I really like the collar as well.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Congratulations. I have often dreamed of the same thing you have accomplished. Maybe someday as our hobby...gotta get rid of the kids first. :rolleyesww:

I have such a soft spot for red boys they are the best and Thor is lovely. I really like the collar as well.
It really has become our hobby. But we drag our daughter along with us, lol. She's 9, and has become the human mascot of the local club, lol. She goes to training class every week, she went with us to Flagstaff and the local shows, sits quietly close by during the meetings, and plays with the puppies while I help our breeder. We call her the puppies kid, she loves to play with them. :roflmao:

Thanks, red boys are the best! Good luck to you!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Congrats!!! So excited and happy for you all. Thor is stunning. Is little Josie going to jr handle? She should with all the wonderful experience she is getting.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Huge Congrats to you!! Very exciting to finish a dog :):)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts