Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, we got back from our camping trip Sunday evening. I have to say Bruno did well. Only down fall. Were the damn black flies :( They got my pretty good. Now I'm curious to know what I can get him to help prevent that from happening? I kept him in my tent for a bit and he also stayed in my parents trailer a bit. Just to give the poor guy a break. However he did really well and as far as I can tell, he loves it there. He was enjoying the water and just couldn't stay out!! I had to make sure he wasn't in there close to bed time. Cuz I wasn't about to have a wet dog in bed haha.

He did sleep in the tent with us. He did well. Was not scared at all. He cuddled with my husband and I. He was a lil cold so early morning we let him under the blankets. He slept between us. I have a picture of that hehe. Was too cute!! He just had a blast. As we all did!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Now, I also have a complaint about this trip. My Dad doesn't seem to understand that not ALL dogs each table scraps. My Bruno deffinently doesn't get table scraps. He might get a bite of what we have here and there with his food. When I say a bite, I really mean a small BITE. My dad apparently while we were on our canoe trip. Fed Bruno a bunch of burger patties he had cooked but no one ate. UGH. I was angry to find this out. Come to find out Bruno now has the runs and is leaving stains on my carpet :( How do I get them out? and how do I get him solid again? Is there any way? feel so sorry for him. My dad said sorry, but that doesn't take it back. Ugh--and I know he'll do it agian. He tries to feed Bruno crap all he time. It frustrates me. He even gave him CAKE back on my sons birthday. I freaked!! Anyway help on that is apperciated! :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I love the scenic pictures. Makes me want to pack up and go camping. I bet it was fun. That is horrible about the food. Hehe. My dad does the same thing. Drives me crazy. I use the Simple Solutions Stain and Odor Remover on my carpet. It works wonders on my light carpet. Especially with all of my traffic. My mom always used club soda on stains I think. That might help.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Awesome pictures Luvs, I love the ones of Bruno in the water, love the one of him by the fisherman, is that your hubby? I like the one of the frog too, the scenery there is beautiful.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Wow, It looks like it was beautiful where you guys were at! I wish Rom liked the water like that!!!!!!! He is not a big water fan.

Cooked Rice or 1/2 of a Skin On Baked Potato should help firm him back up again.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! oh dads! my dad does that too alittle bit...not much...he does it more when I tell him to STOP! He usually only gives table scraps to coco...cause he feels bad for him. errr luckily my dad got out of his spiteful stage! lol
Looks like the camping trip was a success! lol So did you end up with any ticks? Ive never seen one before this spring and they are my worst nightmare now! lol Glad you had fun! did you catch any fish?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks BIB. I might try that if tomorrow he's not back to normal :( I feel so terrible for him.

Da'kari, yep that's my hubby :) Bruno wanted to help his "Papa" fish LOL.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
LapDog said:
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! oh dads! my dad does that too alittle bit...not much...he does it more when I tell him to STOP! He usually only gives table scraps to coco...cause he feels bad for him. errr luckily my dad got out of his spiteful stage! lol
Looks like the camping trip was a success! lol So did you end up with any ticks? Ive never seen one before this spring and they are my worst nightmare now! lol Glad you had fun! did you catch any fish?

Nope. No ticks. I've scratched Bruno all over and looked through him. We really weren't in any long grass or anything. Mainly just the river and by the fire there. So I don't think he had the chance to get any on him. But, you never know. I had no idea they were around this area LOL

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
haha! awww that little fishy is adorable! Is it a baby fish and get big someday or is it just small? It looks like a solid big fish if you delete the hand from the photo lol.
in canada my grandparents catch Northern and Walleye...I hate eating Northern with all those long bones but walleye is delicious!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Great pics,that is what i like to see, a happy dobe in open space that is when they are the happiest,give em a field and they are in heaven.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
dobie lover said:
Luv my Bruno

Where did you go camping?? I remember you saying in another thread it was north of where you live.

Ryan
We went to Huntsville. Well, just after Huntsville and before Algonquin Park. It's soooo beautiful up that way. Peaceful too :)

LOL That fish is indeed tiny. It's a baby Large Mouth Bass I believe. I think that's what my husband said anyway. I do know it's a Bass haha.

hehe

Thanks for looking everyone. Bruno had a blast :) And I think his "squirts" are done LOL. Poor thing :(

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Pumpkin will help him get on the right track again. Or you can feed him boiled (lean) hamburger and rice in small amounts until he is better.

·
Registered
117 Posts
WOW!!! What a great place to go. Your family must of had a blast. I love all the pics. Bruno helping fish is so cute. The huge fish your husband caught is priceless (haha). The sunset on the lake is beatiful!!! You have put an idea in my head for the 4th of July weekend.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time.

I love this picture!!!
Luv_my_Bruno said:
Naveen

·
Registered
606 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts