Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a short camping trip at the begining of this week, very short sinec it decided to chuck it down with rain the whole time and we had a swimming pool where our tent should be! :D But here are some photos of our trip.

In the car on the way there

Tobey and Rupert waiting for us to put the tent up

In the tent!

Ducks liked the tent too

Who said natural eared dobes cant look mean? ;)

Enjoying the countryside at the lake district

Im ready for my closeup!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I've been camping a few times, never again lol. Some people enjoy the 'wilderness' noises, the bugs snacking on your blood, the cold damp floor, the extreme heat once the sunlight reaches you at 6am.

Obviously your fur babies enjoyed it :) awesome pics!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,591 Posts
Fantastic pictures and scenery. Rupert and Toby look like such good buddies! Do they play (Dobie) rough together? Where in the UK is the Lakes District? :) What's that nifty looking padded harness that Rupert is wearing and where did you get it? Looks like it's got a front lead hookup like the WYDWL harness for pulling control?

Reactions: Sherryh and Amelia_

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone :) I like camping, providing the tent is dry! It gets a bit miserable when theres water in the tent though. We couldnt find anywhere dry to pitch up so were pretty much sat on a puddle the whole 3 days we lasted :roflmao: And water got into all the tent so everything was dripping went, including our sleeping mats and clothes. The final straw was when water started coming through the roof of the tent.

Fantastic pictures and scenery. Rupert and Toby look like such good buddies! Do they play (Dobie) rough together? Where in the UK is the Lakes District? :) What's that nifty looking padded harness that Rupert is wearing and where did you get it? Looks like it's got a front lead hookup like the WYDWL harness for pulling control?
Thank you! Rupert and Tobey are great buddies; Rupert tries to play dobe rough with him but I break it up straight away when its rough as Tobey is getting older and although he's happy to play rough, I like to mediate it incase it ever escalated and he couldnt cope. I let Rupert play rough with his other dobe friends who can give as good as they get! :)

The lake district is right at the top of England at the Scottish border, near Carlisle :)

Ruperts harness is an Xtra dog harness (Home) and I use it for all sorts of things, it nice and padded with fleece so it doesnt rub him like some others have. Its not designed as a non-pull harness, but it does have a front clip so I use it for walking in situations where I need a little more control. I like to clip it on when we're using a flexi too, as I dont like the idea of a flexi pulling on his neck sharply and I find he pulls me too strong if I clip it on his back. I tuck the flexi in through the top loop so it doesnt get tangled under his leg when he runs about :)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Beautiful countryside and I love the shots.

I don't know what calendar themes are coming up but your No. 1 photo needs to be cropped in some and absolutely be in one of the contests. It's wonderful.

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
Great pictures! Better you then me, though. I don't do "the great outdoors" for the same reasons DogsR4Life gave. Also, give me indoor plumbing any day.

By the way, what breed is Tobey? My first thought was Corgie, but then I saw the other pictures of him.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What's the story behind the duck?
Also how did you convince them not to eat her haha
Hehe, the dogs were in their beds and she just came waddling in with such confidence that the dogs didnt know what hit them! :roflmao: Rupert gave a little woof and she didnt even flinch, she ate some crisps then waddled off!

Great pictures! Better you then me, though. I don't do "the great outdoors" for the same reasons DogsR4Life gave. Also, give me indoor plumbing any day.

By the way, what breed is Tobey? My first thought was Corgie, but then I saw the other pictures of him.
Thanks! Tobey is a heinz 57, I think a collie cross something, althogh i'm not sure what :) Some people say corgi, others say GSD. The ears could be either!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Beautiful pics! Sounds like a lot of fun...well, except for the rain part! :)

Jan

1 - 20 of 31 Posts