Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been over a year since I've posted here. We lost our baby girl, Karma, in February 2014, rather suddenly. If you read my last post from 2013, the vet was referring us for further testing of her liver. As we didn't have the $3.5k on hand, we had to wait to get her tested and possibly have surgery or receive further medical treatment. As it turned out, she did in-fact have a liver shunt, but surgery was not an option. They said because of her bleeding (though she was vWB neg), she wasn't a candidate. Karma had cut her mouth on her favorite antler, but after many vet visits, the bleeding just wouldn't stop. Two different vets reviewed everything and put it into perspective that Karma's pain she'd been living with was similar to that of someone going through cancer treatment. We sat down and talked and made the difficult decision that we had to let her go.

The next morning, we said our goodbyes. I cried myself to sleep that night, and still cried the next few days. It's taken a while, but we've gotten through the loss of Karma and accepted that there wasn't anything we could have done, that she was just dealt a bad hand, but at least she had a loving home and family, even though her boxer companion was sometimes a butt-head. He was very sad as well. For weeks after Karma was gone, I'd find him just lying in Karma's kennel. He wasn't sleeping, just lying in it. They were companions since they were 14 weeks old, and he was grieving in his own way too.

Her two vets were really good to us; So very compassionate. They both sent us cards with notes from everyone that knew Karma. One vet had a tree planted in Karma's memory, and the other made a paw-print stamp of karma's paw, which we framed the print and sits next to her urn. I still get choked up when I look at the book of photos from the day we brought her home through the day we said goodbye.

Nite-nite, my baby girl.

Attachments

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
that picture is beyond sweet. Its been over 4 years since my girl left me and I still cry .. the pain doesnt go away, it just gets easier to live with. RIP Karma, she is watching over you still.

·
Registered
16,038 Posts
I'm do sorry, Jordan. It's horrible that you lost Karma at such a young age. Not fair, not fair at all.

So comforting to know Karma had such a warm, loving home while she was here on earth. Thank you for giving her such a good loving home.

Such a beautiful girl.

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

Godspeed, Karma

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,588 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Run free Karma.

·
Premium Member
8,387 Posts
I am so sorry for the pain that you are going through. The pictures of the two of you is beautiful. RIP Karma

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
i'm so, so sorry. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts