Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucy and I competed today for our first time in Rally Novice at an ASCA show. My obedience instructor suggested ASCA would be a good starting point because its a little more low key than AKC. Although not any less difficult, as we have discovered.

There were two rally shows in one day and we entered both. The morning show was a bust. NQ. I was too nervous and Lucy wasn’t in working mode. However, we had a little chat during the lunch break and we both committed to doing our very best in the afternoon.

We ended up getting a 197 out of 200 in the afternoon, 1st place in our class, and high in trial for non-aussies! It was quite a turnound. We learned a ton and it was a great experience.

Here’s a few pics from the day.

Proud Mom.

Ummm, isn't that the toy I won???

I think I have sat here patiently long enough! I want my toy!

Playing a little tug

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ummm, isn't that the toy I won???
This picture is my most favorite, I crack up every time I look at Lucy, and you look SO happy (as you should be....:))

Congratulations!!! This is FABULOUS news! I'm SO proud of the two of you, that's an amazing score! I know you and Lucy worked very hard on this well deserved win, and well, it's no secret that I adore Lucy. She's got it all, beauty, brains, and a love for Doberman play!!!! She's Jewel's idol!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love the pics. Big congrats on the loot!!!:D
Thank you! And yes, the loot was really nice!! They had beautiful ribbons. Much better than we have won in AKC breed ring. And Lucy was very psyched about the tug toy and bully stick. :)

Yeah! That's awesome! Congrats Team Lucy!

p.s. I love those little "chats". LOL
Thanks! Yes, the chat definitely seemed to help. :) And getting out and working in more environments will also help. During the AM show, Lucy thought we were just taking a "walk in the park". LOL.

This picture is my most favorite, I crack up every time I look at Lucy, and you look SO happy (as you should be....:))

Congratulations!!! This is FABULOUS news! I'm SO proud of the two of you, that's an amazing score! I know you and Lucy worked very hard on this well deserved win, and well, it's no secret that I adore Lucy. She's got it all, beauty, brains, and a love for Doberman play!!!! She's Jewel's idol!
Thank you so much Barb. You are so sweet. :) Are you guys going up to the Ventura show next weekend? Hope to see you and beautiful Jewel there!

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Congratulations!!! Wheeler and I start Agility for Dummies on Monday. Should be interesting. LOL!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Thank you so much Barb. You are so sweet. :) Are you guys going up to the Ventura show next weekend? Hope to see you and beautiful Jewel there!
Our handler wanted Jewels' next show to be Del Mar at the end of February, which was a bit disappointing because I really enjoy the Ventura show. Are you showing both days in Ventura?

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Our handler wanted Jewels' next show to be Del Mar at the end of February, which was a bit disappointing because I really enjoy the Ventura show. Are you showing both days in Ventura?
Yep, we are going both days.

But bummer you're not going! I'm disappointed we won't see you guys up there. We will probably be at Del Mar at end of Feb though so hope to see you then. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts