Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm extremely bored right now and thought this could be an interesting thread, so what are your other favourite breeds besides the Doberman?

Mine are:

1. Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
2. Kooikerhondje
3. Rottweiler
4. Dalmatian
5. Australian Shepherd
6. Belgian Groenendael

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I also love the Groenendael - while we were in Germany we spoke with a very nice breeder. Ultimately we decided not to get a pup - the time just wasn't right. For the longest time I regretted the decision, but if I had gotten one of those pups, I wouldn't have Chi right now :)
I also love,
Pits
GSD's
Collies
and although they may not really be classified as a dog, Chihuahua's :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Dober_addict said:
I'm extremely bored right now and thought this could be an interesting thread, so what are your other favourite breeds besides the Doberman?

Mine are:

1. Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
2. Kooikerhondje
3. Rottweiler
4. Dalmatian
5. Australian Shepherd
6. Belgian Groenendael
What there are other dog breed besides Dobermans???:eek2: I didn't know that?? WOW!! When did this happen?? LOL

·
Registered
333 Posts
Great Dane, Greyhound, Whippet, Irish Setter (I owned 2 about 30 yrs ago), Rhodesian Ridgeback, German Shorthair Pointer, Weimaraner, Golden Retriever, Lab, Papillion, Mini Pin

·
Registered
742 Posts
Pit/staff/am.staff, American BullDog, Boxer, Weimaraner, German Shorthair Pointer, Dachshund, Bull Terrier, Jack Russell terrier, Labs(chocolate), Irish Setter, Bull Mastiff, Basset Hound, Bulldog, Great Dane.

If i dont get a dobe as my next dog, it will be a toss up between a boxer, German Shorthair pointer, Weimeraner, and a bull terrier(honestly, who can say these goofy dogs dont make you happy just looking at them).

Before i got king i actually spent about 4 months researching Bull Terriers, went to meet a few breeders, but all the breeders in my area just seemed to be in it for the money. Its odd that i said no to those breeders, yet bought from kings "breeder"...if you can call him that.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
frznbuns said:
What there are other dog breed besides Dobermans???:eek2: I didn't know that?? WOW!! When did this happen?? LOL

Haha! Ditto that! :tongue23:

#2 GS
#3 Pitts
#4 Boxers
#5 Aussies

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Not really, I'm pretty biased now. Its only a doberman or nothing. After having the look of eagles, how can I settle for anything less.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Obviouse answer, Pits and Boxers the other 2 breeds i own :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a thing for corgis but I'm nto sure if I'll ever get antoher one,there a little nutts:haha:

I love labs,thats what I grew up with and they are what I think of when I think of my childhood.

I'm starting to like berneese(sp) mountain dogs. Thats what chaz wants but their lifespan is kinda short,but I gues sits not that much shorter than a dobes.

shar peis are great too. They are such a neat breed. Hard to find a good one but there are a lot that need help so I'm sure I'll end up with one eventually.

I love a hundred other breeds too :tongue23:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Molari said:
Irish Setters, I read to many Big Red books when I was young and Great Pyranees.
Wow, I had forgotten all about these books! I read Big Red books too when I was young. My aunt and uncle had an Irish Setter dumped on their property while I was staying with them one weekend. Guess what I named him? :)

·
Super Moderator
15,321 Posts
joce said:
I'm starting to like berneese(sp) mountain dogs. Thats what chaz wants but their lifespan is kinda short,but I gues sits not that much shorter than a dobes.
Lots of large breed breeders strive to breed for bfl now, it's not a guarantee of the extent of lifespan but its a good reason to buy from a bfl breeder. Basically, it's an akc program that recognizes dogs that live past 14 years (i think) and gives a bfl title. Any pups that the bfl dog had are also certified if the other mated dog is bfl titled. neat stuff :)
i also like all of the swiss mountain dogs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Border Collies are definitely my heartbreed, but in general I just love dogs. Anything from Coonhounds to Whippets to JRTs to Papillons to Standard Poodles to Dobes, of course. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
hmmmmm other dog breeds i like lets see lol
dobermans
hounds
german sheps
goldens
aussies
boxers
pits
man theres alot of other breeds i like lol