Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:dancing_b YAAAAAY! Oscar passed his CGC today!:dancing_b We held our test on the beach...our dog beach. It's still plenty warm here, but very, very windy, as you can see from the chop on the water. This is a picture of Oscar taking his celebratory 5-mile run (one of many!) after a bird. Then he stole someone's submarine sandwich off the picnic table while they weren't looking, then he ran some more. Who could be mad? It was his day...

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Well done Oscar!! you deserved the sandwich.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
congratulations to both of you - I hope you snagges a sandwhich and took off down the beach too, Sooz. looks like he is having a blast. I know my two would love to be able to do that - as long as the water didn't touch their delicate little tootsies~

cc

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
GREAT JOB!!! lol that run out of celebration is happy moment! lol When duchess got home she sprinted in the yard....since she was couped up on the leash for so long lol. I think these dogs know when they do something great! lol
AWESOME JOB! and great picture!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Well done Oscar.. Wow the way we are going we will have lots of CGC dobes here.. Says something about Dobermans don't ya think..

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody...we are tickled pink! But it's extra nice to be able to share our milestones here with other dobie parents.

As a side note, while at the beach for our CGC test, we were invited to join in the fun with a club for Portuguese Water Dogs. Their members had t-shirts with the silhouette of a PWD that said, "No, we're NOT poodles." So, per frznbuns' comment above, maybe dobies should have a slogan like, "The CGC is kid stuff for dobermans".

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Congrats Oscar and Sooz! Good job!

This could be a new long distance support system program for dogs. :) Pick the title and everyone start working on it. It could work.

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
Sooz said:
Thanks everybody...we are tickled pink! But it's extra nice to be able to share our milestones here with other dobie parents.

As a side note, while at the beach for our CGC test, we were invited to join in the fun with a club for Portuguese Water Dogs. Their members had t-shirts with the silhouette of a PWD that said, "No, we're NOT poodles." So, per frznbuns' comment above, maybe dobies should have a slogan like, "The CGC is kid stuff for dobermans".
Congratulations on the CGC. It is a great step ........what is next? Now we expect some more titles :). I've started doing Rally with Velma and the Novice level is all on leash - a great place to start. Very easy for us as Velma already has her CD.........as long as I read the signs right - LOL!

I've always liked Portuguese Water Dogs and actually watched them showing in the ring today........they were right before Dobermans. Of course, I like standard poodles too. I just could not deal with all that coat, and if I had one I'd have to show it........... I'm addicted to the show ring :)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you, Velma...BIB asked that "what's next" question and it's been on my mind. Frankly, I was leaning strictly towards OB but someone I trust very much is pushing me hard to get involved in Rally. A class starts first thing next year with an excellent teacher, and she insists that Oscar would have a blast. I'd like to see a discussion here by those of you involved in Rally as to how your dog took to it and how you BOTH enjoyed the process.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Congrats!!!

I did several sets of rally classes with Lex and LOVED it :) Very fun! Even printed out signs so I could practice courses at home too.

When I ever get the time, I plan on working on a rally title with Lex. Right now my schedule makes it impossible :( keeping our paws crossed though!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts