Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way back when Oscar was a wee lad and still had his ears posted, he met a blue dobiegirl his own age named "Sushi" in front of the pet food store. Over a year later, they finally arranged to see each other again for the first time yesterday. They met for a play date at a nearby park. The clear space was huge, but don't you know first thing they did was head right for the swamp. (Oscar is in the prong collar.)

Swamp monsters:

Muddy piggies:

Hiding two brand new tennis balls in the muck. Bye-bye balls:

Arising from the primordial ooze:

For a walk in the woods:

Finally, out in the field to play:

Hugging good-bye:

Sushi, be still so I can take a picture for your mom:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhh! I loved them all. What a great time they had. The boxing one (where they are hugging each other) that is so typical of dobes. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Love the pics! I swear Dobes are like little kids - you could have them playing on 10 acres and they would find and head straight for a plate-sized mud puddle! Java does the same during walks - right into the stream...

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
Great pictures - it is really nice to have another Doberman to play with because they really do play different than some other breeds of dogs - rough!!

Just as a note, I would take that pinch collar off before you let him run. If he needs to wear one, then I would just have a simple buckle collar......no chokes or martingales. As hard as this breed plays, it is sometimes best for them to be naked.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tamena said:
I'm starting to think that the "huh" expression on Sushi's face is a typical Blue Dobe trait LOL
Ain't that the truth?

velmadobe said:
Just as a note, I would take that pinch collar off before you let him run...it is sometimes best for them to be naked.
Agreed...and I know better but thanks for the reminder.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
They are priceless pics and what a great name Sushi is Hmmmm thinking maybe my next Dobe name might just be that(some time in the future i hasten to add)she looks a right character.Brilliant,Brilliant,Brilliant!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
velmadobe said:
Just as a note, I would take that pinch collar off before you let him run. If he needs to wear one, then I would just have a simple buckle collar......no chokes or martingales. As hard as this breed plays, it is sometimes best for them to be naked.
I saw that too. The lady I train with has a story about a paw getting caught under a pinch collar and play turning into fight. Includes an owner getting bitten while getting them untangled. (Grumble Grumble. Darn wet blankets. Grumble Grumble) :)

They are wonderful pictures! I especially like the Dobie hug. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
velmadobe said:
Great pictures - it is really nice to have another Doberman to play with because they really do play different than some other breeds of dogs - rough!!

I was just talking to someone in training class last night about this. Dobermans tend to play with their paws (arms) alot. Going up on their hind legs alot, and some dogs just don't like that as much as another dobe would.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Great pictures and I love the one where they are hugging goodbye!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Those are great. It looks like love! Hopefully there are more supervised dates ahead for the two of them. I hope he was cleaned up before the ride home. Yuck!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Awwwe, how sweet. I bet their are some heartbroken girls in florida, and online for that matter........the little playboy, LOL

I too especially loved the hug :)

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Great pictures of a wonderful playtime between reunited friends. Couldn't ask for better than that.:) :) :)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Linda H said:
...a wonderful playtime between reunited friends. Couldn't ask for better than that.:) :) :)
Exactly right, Linda H...no romantic interests here and no broken hearts! At his age, Oscar loves playing with ALL dogs equally regardless of gender. Running and playing is ALL that's on his mind! He's lucky to have lots of nice doggy pals but (so far at least) still likes his own reflection best of all. I suspect he dreams about all the pretty doberladies at DT...he just doesn't know why yet...:huepfenju

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Oscar sure is handsome........but I still think the chippen-dobe is my fav :)

I wish mine could catch a frisbee...they look at it like "what the heck is that thing"

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Great pictures, Sooz!

Be careful what you wish for, B*I*B.

Mensa goes nuts every time she even sees a Frisbee. It doesn't even have to be a real Frisbee. If she sees a dinner plate she thinks it's a Frisbee, and she jumps up and down trying to snatch it out of my hand.

And if you say "It's a good day to jam", you had better be heading out to throw the Frisbee or there's no living with her!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts