Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son's girlfriend has a 5 month old female mastiff that Orson just loves. He hasn't got to see her since Christmas..................so we moved the coffee table to create their wrestling ring, and she slung him around like a rag doll (which he loved) It is hard to video Orson inside since he is so dark, but here ya go.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWcuftmzQiQ

This was just a few minutes of the action..............they didn't stop until Orson was completely slimed (if you've seen Turner & Hooch you know what I mean about mastiff slime...........yuck!)

·
Registered
928 Posts
hah, nice video. My friend has a Mastiff that's around 160lbs and he's still pretty young. Dozer hasn't had much interaction because he was taped up for most of that time but now he can play with his friend regularly.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Those guys are nuts!

Mastiffs look like trouble, but all the ones I know act more like big pups.

Mensa likes to pair up with a couple female Mastiffs at the Dog Park, and they run around in circles like they're crazy.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I notice Orson managed to get the Doberman Bear Hug in at the end there.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Acooper cute video, I can relate as a friend of mine has 2 female mastiffs that Gaston has played with since he could walk under them. You can't say "the girls" without Gaston going nuts and getting excited looking for them. I also understand very well about the slim as you can see it on them in the picture below of him playing with "his girls" in their yard. Each time they play he gets a bath when we get home as he is a total mess.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I see the slime all right! Roxy (Orson's friend) walks around with "shoe laces" dripping sometimes!!
I am glad to see that they can remain friends even when they get older. A couple people have commented that once Roxy is grown she wouldn't 'tolerate' that kind of stuff.
The girl Gaston has pinned looks like a grown version of Roxy............I just love her, she is such a gentle laid back girl (which I think can be said for most mastiffs) I think Orson loves her because she isn't a delicate china doll that he can "break" hehehe

·
Registered
821 Posts
The girls are full sisters(two different litters), Nessie the fawn is 4 and Echo the apricot(darker) is 3. Echo slims way more than her sister with as you call it the shoe laces hanging down.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Fun video!

Nothing makes Java happier than when she finds a dog of similar size and temperament to run and wrestle with. They go at it until they are both panting, and just when you think they have had enough, they go back at it!

BTW - the Richard Pryor Doberman bit that is in the column to the right of Orson's video is very funny. (Language is a bit raw, in case you have little ones in the room...)

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Your video made me smile, laugh and cry. I loved seeing them so happy. It is so hard to imagine that just a month ago my girls were both playing like that and since my 12 year old mut just lays there and occasionally wags her tail since losing her sister. It always sounded like they were killing each other though with the tail and stump wilding wagging and gleeful jumps. Those two were so quiet. Thanks so much for sharing that.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
lol your right they were really quiet playing! Where's the high pitch chewbacca noices and high pitch ARRRRRRRR's lol

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is a goooood question! Both of those dogs are really "vocal" most of the time. I didn't even notice the blissful silence until you mentioned it guys! HuH?? Very weird!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Very fun video. It's not too often I see a doberman giving ground to another dog! Around here, if Abby's not on top, she ends the game!

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Cleopatra knew the mut ruled the roost. She bowed down to her literally constantly. Actually both dobies did, Cleo and our previous male. Summer is a force to be contended with and the dobies just didn't even think that they could ever have the upper paw.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Great video!! Know what you mean about the mastiff slime! A friend a had a lovely old boy and he always had these huge shoelaces hanging from his mouth, and you could guarantee they would end up on Abbie's head!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts