Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forager
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a non-toxic organic lawn fertilizer? We have two large lawns, front and back. I want to fertilize the front lawn, where the dogs rarely are. But even with that, I want to find something safe. If I can't find a safe one, I won't fertilize.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Steer manure works. Your dogs might want to roll in it or try to eat it, but it won't hurt them. They'll just smell like they've died.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Sounds like bull crap to me!!!!!!!
:largegr: :bouncesgr :emo: :huepfenic :help_up_2 :help_up_2 :emo11:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
we don't use anything on our yard lol. We have a bunch of clover...but I heard it is good to have clover...haha...our lawn doesnt look bad...only compared to the other yards in the neighborhood where there is disturbingly no dandelions ever lol. They probably hate us...cause we have the corner house in the beginning of a subdivision lol.
It's also pretty cool cause last fall we never got around to carving our pumpkins for halloween...well they rotted in the grass by the rest of our bushes and now we have a small pumpkin patch with 2 decent sized pumpkins already :) I never knew you could grow them so easily lol.
anyways sorry i sort of got off topic...but I don't know of any natural fertilizers...since we dont use anything :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
LapDog said:
we don't use anything on our yard lol. We have a bunch of clover...but I heard it is good to have clover...haha...our lawn doesnt look bad...only compared to the other yards in the neighborhood where there is disturbingly no dandelions ever lol. They probably hate us...cause we have the corner house in the beginning of a subdivision lol.
It's also pretty cool cause last fall we never got around to carving our pumpkins for halloween...well they rotted in the grass by the rest of our bushes and now we have a small pumpkin patch with 2 decent sized pumpkins already :) I never knew you could grow them so easily lol.
anyways sorry i sort of got off topic...but I don't know of any natural fertilizers...since we dont use anything :)
That's funny about the pumpkins!

I live across the street from Mr. Perfect Lawn. He has a lovely garden and lush green grass with no weeds. He always wins best yard, most improved yard. best Christmas decorations, etc.

Here I am with moles, voles, weeds, and along the fence is missing grass from Cole chasing cars. :tongue23:

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
You can use something called Corn Gluten Meal it is a weed & feed. It is a by-product of the corn industry and is 100% natural. It does not kill existing weeds but prevents the weed seeds from germanaiting the following year. It also has alot of nitrogen which will green up your lawn. You can normally buy it at quality garden centres. Also, using well rotted sheep, cow, or horse manure will help things along. Just make sure it has been paturized to kill the weed seeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.