Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone watch OCC?? We love it, my hubby being a biker and all! BUT watching last night's episode made me go GRRRRRR! They did an episode on Fantasy Bikes, and at the end of the show, Pauly was talking about Sr.'s attitude and made the comment that Sr. was like a doberman, being that dobermans will be fine and then all of a sudden snap and become very vicious because their brains grow too large for their skulls. :mad: The guys he was talking to was like "seriously that happens?" and Pauly said yeah!

All wives tales aside, don't you want to say use some common freaking sense people?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I watch them occasionally but I think everyone knows that Pauly is not the brightest bulb in the pack and it sounds like whoever he was talking to has the same problem. I liked the Statue of Liberty bike they did.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I watch the program all the time, we get to see it on Sky/discovery in this country i have not seen that episode yet, i think we may be behind the U.S. with the episodes.What we need is one of us to come into some money, then commission them to make a doberman theme bike and educate Jnr as to what dobes are all about.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
A guy I use to work with told me that. He also told me that all dobermans will eat children alive.. A few questions on this. Number one a dobermans mouth isn't big enough to eat a child whole, so how do they eat them alive? Number 2 how does he know they eat them alive? Has he tested this theory? If so why isn't he in jail? Last thing, Gracie eats 4 cups of food a day, this equals about what 2 pounds? So if that is the case, a normal child lets just say is 10 pounds or more it will take Gracie over a week to eat that child.

Now I am not trying to sound creepy or weird, but these were the questions I asked the guy when he told me that. How on earth could a dobe eat a child?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on guys you know that just hearing a doberman bark will paralyze a pitbull ;) !!!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Lexus said:
Hey anyone watch OCC?? We love it, my hubby being a biker and all! BUT watching last night's episode made me go GRRRRRR! They did an episode on Fantasy Bikes, and at the end of the show, Pauly was talking about Sr.'s attitude and made the comment that Sr. was like a doberman, being that dobermans will be fine and then all of a sudden snap and become very vicious because their brains grow too large for their skulls. :mad: The guys he was talking to was like "seriously that happens?" and Pauly said yeah!

All wives tales aside, don't you want to say use some common freaking sense people?
I saw the same show and wrote to them to tell them how wrong the comment was! Also because of this comment I will not watch the show again!! I am also going to write the discovery channel to view my outrage!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I used to watch that show but they just keep putting together the same bikes show after show. To tell you the truth, their bikes arent even that great. They claim to be fabricators, but all they do is add small things. They dont make their own frames, they dont make their own tanks, they dont make their own wheels, and they dont make their own supporting parts. This is why i like Jesse James. He is a true craftsman. He makes EVERYTHING in house. The only thing he outsources is the engine. Jesse makes a variety of styles of bike, and they all have their own personaltiy. OCC have a few names for "different styled" bikes, but they all look the same.

With that said, i did not see that episode. Ive had so many people ask me if that myth was true, and at first i gave a real response. Now i just laugh and say no. Its a pet peeve of mine that people choose to listen to what someone else says rather than use their brain to think. If someone tells me something, and i find it interesting, i will research it. There is no way that i am going to take something someone told me as fact, especially if it is something as rediculous as a dogs brain growing too big for its head.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I saw the same show and you guys have reminded me to send Discovery Channel an email. I just did and here is what I said:

Please know that the comment Paul Jr. made about Doberman Pinschers is NOT true. It is a disservice to the breed and dogs in general. I have owned 4 Dobermans over the last 18 years and NONE of their brains have outgrown their skulls. This is a myth. Dobermans are the sweetest dogs and are no different than other dogs in terms of physical bone/growth structure.
I and my husband are true fans of the show and are hoping that what Paul Jr. said was more of a joke. However most people would tend to believe this myth. I hope somehow you can set the record straight, our lovely dogs get a bad rap anyway and stuff like that just adds fuel to a fire that should not have been set in the first place.

I will also send OCC and email as soon as I can figure out the email to send it to. I am a fan of the show, my hubby is a bike rider but we like the show cause it makes us laugh as well.

·
Registered
521 Posts
TomAndKing said:
I used to watch that show but they just keep putting together the same bikes show after show. To tell you the truth, their bikes arent even that great. They claim to be fabricators, but all they do is add small things. They dont make their own frames, they dont make their own tanks, they dont make their own wheels, and they dont make their own supporting parts. This is why i like Jesse James. He is a true craftsman. He makes EVERYTHING in house. The only thing he outsources is the engine. Jesse makes a variety of styles of bike, and they all have their own personaltiy. OCC have a few names for "different styled" bikes, but they all look the same.

With that said, i did not see that episode. Ive had so many people ask me if that myth was true, and at first i gave a real response. Now i just laugh and say no. Its a pet peeve of mine that people choose to listen to what someone else says rather than use their brain to think. If someone tells me something, and i find it interesting, i will research it. There is no way that i am going to take something someone told me as fact, especially if it is something as rediculous as a dogs brain growing too big for its head.

I agree they do the same show after show. Thats why I don't watch it and of course Pauly. Can't stand him. I like SR. I would rather watch Biker Build Off. And Jessie. I do like them too. What about Arlen Ness, Milwakie (sp) Iron and some of the others. That make them from ground up.I saw that episode and I was upset with it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hero's Mom said:
I agree they do the same show after show. Thats why I don't watch it and of course Pauly. Can't stand him. I like SR. I would rather watch Biker Build Off. And Jessie. I do like them too. What about Arlen Ness, Milwakie (sp) Iron and some of the others. That make them from ground up.I saw that episode and I was upset with it.
Im not really a fan of either of those, but exile cycles, jesse rooke, Chika, detroit bros., Matt hotch(my personal fav), Billy Lane, and the martin brothers are all wicked bike builders.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
dobe lovers and bikers?!?!?!? it just doesn't get any better than this! My hubby rides a harley and I ride a Buell.

cc

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yea I saw that too that really pissed me off that he said that I have the right mind to send him a letter gripping him out or even better go up there with trinity and prove him wrong.

·
Registered
416 Posts
LOL Ok I just went to there site and telling them they need to have a talk with pauly. LOL About the comment he said because it was uncalled for and people like us have a hard enough time trying to get people to view dobermans for what they realyl are. Loving caring and helpful dogs not mean creatures. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts