Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only Opinions.

If a doberman Male is still Intact and is great with people except when he is alone with his masters wife. is he being protective or aggressive. It seems the doberman only exhibits behavior if someone looks at his eyes..

The Doberman is in Training as we speak so it is just a thought of what do other doberman owners think?

He may seem it is confrontational or something else but what is your opinion.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If my dobe got anything other than super frinedly with a person living in the house there would be a huge problem. Is this your dog and he gets like this with you? I would put an end to it quickly and definately get him fixed. If he has been with you for a while that sounds totally unacceptable to me but soemone else may feel diffrently. I couldn't see my male doing that though and he's intact. Its not really an excuse to ahve them be more aggressive.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not toward ME! He wont let anyone touch me or get near me in Public. If he feels threatened or feels me threatened. It has only happened a few times with specific People! He is fine until they look at him then he gets up set. He is in training and doing better but.just wanted an opinion or two about it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ky is good that way, but sometimes he does make me worry, He is a little aggressive when it comes to me(female), and Not my Spouse(male) ..when we're home alone, Kyro doesnt want anyone even walking by the house, yet when he's home alone with my Spouse, he doesnt exert this behavior? Yet in Public he's super friendly

·
Registered
357 Posts
sounds like my reno (pit/boxer) when im with him walking he wont let ANYONE near me.. but if hubby is walking him he could give too poops who comes near. In the house he could care less who comes in As long its not a worker(examle: plumers, cable men, painters... basically someone in uniforms other then military).. if hes in the back yard.. NO ONE out side the fence is welcome... He had gotten Loose one time and one time only.. we looked all over for him ( its the only time he didnt stay near the house ) .. well we found him.. LAYING next to our neighbor while he was planting a tree LOL.. if hes loose or with hubby he is the biggest baby..

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know what a baby they are they same exactly. Big freaking babies. Okay welldoes he still does that with you protective of you and how old is he. Is he better now or no?

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
omg. ye my boys from the past never acted like this. but then daddy never acted up either. maybe when thier dad takes a chill pill he will calm down plus the training should work hahaha.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
opinions?

my dog is not allowed to growl at someone just for making eye contact with him.

my doberman is also not given free reign to determine who is and is not allowed near me. if i am uncomfortable or unsure, i will check for his opinion - but he does not get relied upon to make these decisions in every day life.

if i am threatened, he is more than welcome to act. and if he has an extreme reaction to someone, i will pay attention - however, these are few and far between ( a total of twice in the five years ive had him)

·
Registered
421 Posts
There is only one time my boy growled at someone while walking and thats because he read into it and should have. they are supposed to distinguish good from bad and not just indiscrimitingly(I can't spell) growl at everyone. If I am upset or on edge about soemthing byron may get a little worked up and go from window to window kind of "on guard" but if he did it to everyone all the time I don;t know what I'd be able to do with him.

Are you nervoues when you walk him? could he be reading you and just responding to it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts