Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I am looking to buy my first Doberman companion. I live in CT and have been looking in any surrounding (and not so close) states for a reputable breeder.. I came across three breeders that are in a close range price wise, and seem to be legit.. They are numbered not in any specific order..

1. MikaDobe from South Carolina, I spoke to Hank and Ginny Dingfelder.
2. Windsong Dobermans from from Indiana, and I spoke to Elaine Adams.
3. KettleCoveDobe from Massachusetts, and I spoke to Sharon Duval

I would really appreciate any suggestions on these breeders..

Thanks! :2smile:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
The only one that I know of those breeders is Sharon, she has show lines. She breeds beautiful representatives of the breed and I would not hesitate to recommend her. We have bred to her dogs over the years and have been very happy.

·
Super Moderator
21,260 Posts
One of our members, Shelian Dobermans, has co-bred with Windsong in the past. She might have some insight there for you. You could always send her a private message using that function on the forum. Her user name is ShelianDobe.

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Hi everyone!
I am looking to buy my first Doberman companion. I live in CT and have been looking in any surrounding (and not so close) states for a reputable breeder.. I came across three breeders that are in a close range price wise, and seem to be legit.. They are numbered not in any specific order..

1. MikaDobe from South Carolina, I spoke to Hank and Ginny Dingfelder.
2. Windsong Dobermans from from Indiana, and I spoke to Elaine Adams.
3. KettleCoveDobe from Massachusetts, and I spoke to Sharon Duval

I would really appreciate any suggestions on these breeders..

Thanks! :2smile:
I'm kind of on the wrong coast to be of much help but I do know (at least by reputation although not necessarily in person) Elaine Adams (Windsong and Sharon Duval (KettleCoveDobes).

Either of those breeders would be, in my opinion legit and suitable places for looking for a Dobe companion.

Don't know a thing about MikaDobe. But there are several others in your vicinity if you haven't talked to any of these: In New Jersey, Eastwick (Sophia Koster DVM), Kerwynd, (Susan Kershaw), Niklby (Betty Cuzzolino) New York BluJ's ( Judy Crowley), Gemini, (Marion Crowley) Kalora (Estelle and Keith Corr), Raindance Dobermans, (Susan James)

Some might not be at all suitable for a variety of reasons but they are all legitimate breeder--most of them long time breeders.

Good luck with your search.

dobebug

·
Got mutt?
13,643 Posts
thank you! Another one that I heard of AbsoluteK9's in SC.
Is this them? https://absolutek9s.com/ If so, what about them appeals to you? That's a serious question, because a quick glance at their website tells me a lot of things that would make me do a hard pass on them.

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Got mutt?
13,643 Posts
How many dogs are they breeding???
If you are asking about the breeder I linked, by my count, they have 5 dogs (3 "active"), and 14 bitches (10 "active"), with four litters already this year and one due in September.

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
If you are asking about the breeder I linked, by my count, they have 5 dogs (3 "active"), and 14 bitches (10 "active"), with four litters already this year and one due in September.
Sorry I didn't make my post clear. I was referring to that particular greeder.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Absolute K9's looks like an absolute puppy mill. Not only selling dogs but collars and dog food as well. I wonder if they have any used cars they'd like to add to the mix? :badcomputer1:

They don't list pedigrees.

The only "health testing" they list is Embark. I'm sure they only do the DNA testing through them because it's cheaper than doing it separately, not because they actually care about the breed.

I personally wouldn't support a breeder who had 14 dobermans because there's no way IMO that those dogs are getting the one on one love and attention that they deserve. And they def. aren't getting the proper health testing they deserve, Bill Gates himself couldn't afford that.

·
Pro Snake Wiggler
2,267 Posts
I'm kind of on the wrong coast to be of much help but I do know (at least by reputation although not necessarily in person) Elaine Adams (Windsong and Sharon Duval (KettleCoveDobes).

Either of those breeders would be, in my opinion legit and suitable places for looking for a Dobe companion.

Don't know a thing about MikaDobe. But there are several others in your vicinity if you haven't talked to any of these: In New Jersey, Eastwick (Sophia Koster DVM), Kerwynd, (Susan Kershaw), Niklby (Betty Cuzzolino) New York BluJ's ( Judy Crowley), Gemini, (Marion Crowley) Kalora (Estelle and Keith Corr), Raindance Dobermans, (Susan James)

Some might not be at all suitable for a variety of reasons but they are all legitimate breeder--most of them long time breeders.

Good luck with your search.

dobebug
A friend of mine has a Niklby dog that ended up in rescue as a senior. The elderly woman she was sold to "went to the hospital" and never came back, the family dropped her off at a vet clinic to euthanize and the vet couldn't bear to do it so got them to sign over ownership and see if they couldn't find a home by the end of the week, and my friend adopted her from there. We did some digging in dobequest based on her birthday because I thought she looked too nice to be just some random craigslist dog and figured out who she was. Betty thanked my friend immensely for saving the dog from euth and they go back and forth sometimes with pictures of the dog and her sister and chatting etc as the years have passed.

The dog does have some health concerns but turned 10 in May with no sign of cardio or cancer on the horizon just yet. We are keeping an eye out for a Wobbler's dx as she does have a weird gait but hard to tell if that's the seizures and Addison's we know she has. She's very sweet and definitely exactly what they needed in a dog... rotten to the core of course with her begging and thieving ways >:)

EDIT:

Suvie at 10 years 2 months

·
Super Moderator
21,260 Posts
A friend of mine has a Niklby dog that ended up in rescue as a senior. The elderly woman she was sold to "went to the hospital" and never came back, the family dropped her off at a vet clinic to euthanize and the vet couldn't bear to do it so got them to sign over ownership and see if they couldn't find a home by the end of the week, and my friend adopted her from there. We did some digging in dobequest based on her birthday because I thought she looked too nice to be just some random craigslist dog and figured out who she was. Betty thanked my friend immensely for saving the dog from euth and they go back and forth sometimes with pictures of the dog and her sister and chatting etc as the years have passed.

The dog does have some health concerns but turned 10 in May with no sign of cardio or cancer on the horizon just yet. We are keeping an eye out for a Wobbler's dx as she does have a weird gait but hard to tell if that's the seizures and Addison's we know she has. She's very sweet and definitely exactly what they needed in a dog... rotten to the core of course with her begging and thieving ways >:)

EDIT:

Suvie at 10 years 2 months
Such a lovely senior girl and it's so great that you were able to find her breeder and that she's involved in her rehome.

Reactions: brw1982 and melbrod
1 - 13 of 13 Posts