Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I Art Therefore I Am
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the Squirrel Dude, Kongs and Everlasting Treat Balls..
All are ok but don't hold enough and they aren't a challenge anymore.

Any suggestions on bigger more challenging ones? There are so many
Like:

the Buster Cubes...

Leos..
)

Anyone have these or similar? I'd like opinions before I buy more.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Buster Cubes are great on carpet - not so great on slate tiles. Java rec'd the Talking Buster Ball (DH recorded "Hello Java", which plays every time the dog touches the darn thing) for her 1st Xmas. By spring, she managed (don't ask me how) to pull out the plastic tube containing the voice chip. Maybe she got as tired of hearing it play as I did....lol! Cute toy, but would not spend another $14.99 (?) on it.

BTW - I would fill the treat toys w/ Cheerios. Figured she'd at least get some fibre out of the deal and was very happy if just one or two popped out.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
WE have a Buster Cube and it does work. It is somewhat noisy on hardwood floor but keeps Tamaora entertained for a long time. Ours you can adjust for the difficulty of treats being dispensed. It is indestructable.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
We had one a long time ago - it was made of hard plastic. It was very noisey on the tile floors and when she'd fling it across the room & it'd hit the wall. If you have lots of carpet it'd be a fun toy.

·
Registered
463 Posts
For something cheap I stuff peanut butter into one of those petrified white beef bones.(I don't know if that's the actual name of the bone) My dogs will sit and lick on that for at least an hour. Just make sure you get the peanut butter in far enough or it gets messy. The bones last foreverso you can keep reusing it. You can also switch it up and put cheese in one end and peanut butter in the other.

·
I Art Therefore I Am
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For something cheap I stuff peanut butter into one of those petrified white beef bones.(I don't know if that's the actual name of the bone) My dogs will sit and lick on that for at least an hour. Just make sure you get the peanut butter in far enough or it gets messy. The bones last foreverso you can keep reusing it. You can also switch it up and put cheese in one end and peanut butter in the other.

Thanks. I do that too and freeze pb in a kong.

I'm specifically looking for a good toy that dispenses treats! :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have never tried any of the treat dispensers other than Kongs.........Hmmmmmmmm, perhaps I will watch your thread Lyngr and get one for Orson :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I got a buster given to us from a friend...I don't really care for the hard plastic...Duchess will pick it up with her teeth and drop it...she will kick it hard across the room by running into it kinda...and the hard plastic makes it
1. Really noisey
2. hard on the hardwood floor etc...(not that we already have nicks in the floor) lol.
3. Not really sure I like her grabbing something that is such hard plastic with her teeth...

otherwise it is pretty challenging but she gets them out pretty fast...its more like a once and awhile thing supervised in my opinion...I wouldnt leave them alone with it...plus since she empties it pretty fast...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Yeah we just use kongs...atleast those are rubber! :)
I saw this one at petsmart called "The pill" and its hard rubber shaped like a pill..a different color on each side and it divides and opens in the center for you to put a treat in it...and its pretty snuggly sealed...and then the ends of the pill is where they can get to the treat.
I didnt get it cause its 18.95 or something but looked fun :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I use empty marrow bones to stuff things into. Cheap, reuseable, and when Jasmine finishes with the treat's inside she will sometimes knaw on the marrow bone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts