Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my puppy honey's ear posted today by the vet, im wondering how many people posted their own dogs ear and is it very difficult, i saw how the vet did it but he said he recommend i dont do it because i wont do it right it seem pretty straight forward when he did it only thing i found strange was he used a tape like glue and sprayed starting fluid on the tape and i asked where i can get the materials? to do it myself and wasnt very helpful, and is the glue necessary? they charge to take her back and to go every 4 days so i wanted to learn myself and if its to difficult for someone whos never posted ears before

·
Registered
233 Posts
Reactions: Cathy43

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so this is something almost anyone can do?
because my vet made feel scared about even trying and messing her ears up

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd say so. I watched it done once, read the article a few times and had no problem. We put Torbot Skin Bonding Cement on the end and side that makes contact, because he was shaking them out at first.

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
You can do it!!!

But it does take practice. I was posting every day because it took me forever to figure out how to get the posts in far enough, one or both would inevitably pop out. It was maddening! But eventually I got the hang of it. And my girl loves it, even if she's wild at the start she often falls asleep in my lap as I work on her. They love the ear massage.

Review the post above, buy your materials online (it's cheaper), you can find everything on Amazon, and there's a great 3 part video posted by Kratty here you can search for. It shows an older gentleman posting a pup all by himself. My dream is to one day be that proficient!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts