Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

So here is my pups growth so far.

7 weeks 17 pounds
11 weeks 30 pounds
12 weeks 32 pounds
12 weeks 5 days 35.5 pounds

He is about 19 inches at withers.

Does this seem large? He seems it compared to others his age. He is not overweight.

Just wondering if anyone has guesses on what he will finish at, and how it will work showing him if he ends up over the height guidelines.

Thanks

P.s. he is raw fed and I had read that they usually have a slower more steady growth on raw?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
]Hey,

So here is my pups growth so far.

7 weeks 17 pounds
11 weeks 30 pounds
12 weeks 32 pounds
12 weeks 5 days 35.5 pounds

He is about 19 inches at withers.

Does this seem large? He seems if compared to others his age. He is not overweight.

Just wondering if anyone has guesses on what he will finish at, and how it will work showing him if he ends up over the height guidelines.

Thanks

P.s. he is raw fed and I had read that they usually have a slower more steady growth on raw?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
What size were his lines? That's what I'd go by. Dobes do NOt have a height DQ. As long as he is an overall nice size, being tall or small should not hurt his chances. My last male was 29.5" and he finished very quickly with majors from breeder judges. My current bitch is 27.25" and maybe could finish but it is not her height that hurts her but her front in my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think both parents were at the highest end of the standard. Maybe a little over.
The breeder seems to feel he is large.

Again, just wondering what opinions were because I hope to show him. glad there is no height DQ.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Ok but what size were his "lines" not just his parents. You breed pedigrees not just 2 dogs. Size is the last thing I look at. The Dobe ring is very very very very tough. Did the parents, and grandparents etc. show also?

Reactions: brw1982

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,422 Posts
While you're looking at ancestors' sizes, you could try to find out what their pattern of growth is. Sometimes dogs tend to mature early, so that they reach close to full size quickly and then stop growing--other bloodlines putter along and put on growth in their own good time. Information like this might help put your mind at ease, if you find out that your pup is growing according to expectations.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes all his ancestors in his pedigree were shown and at least championed. Some were very, very, titled. So I guess when looking at it like that, he should be fine!

Thanks for the help guys.m

·
Alpha Male
43 Posts
im guessing he will be 80 - 85 lbs. the "normal" trend is 10 lbs a month maybe a little less. They slow down alot at 6-7 months. then just fill out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts