Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me. I hate to bring up the past. I may even be banned for asking these questions. I'm looking for a Doberman in Ontario.

I have been in contact with a breeder. I met her and her dogs. I agreed to buy a puppy.

Something recently strange just happened... I don't really want to mention it by a thread just in case she is reading this. I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to be asking people to PM me. All I want is to be guided in the right direction and some advice, info about these two breeders. Someone please PM me lol.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
I don't think you'll be banned :) Hope someone is able to help you. I'm really not familiar with Canadian breeders since I live in the US.

Good luck. Hope everything works out for you.

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
There is a great many of us here on the forum from ontario. If you like, pm me a general idea of what's going on and I will tell you who can help you most. Also, have you expressed concern with the breeder over the issues?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I think (FWIW) the proper way to address your concern, whatever it is, is to take it up with the breeder you have the issue with. If you can't do that, if the breeder is intimidating and you are not comfortable addressing issues now, before a puppy, how will you ever address issues later on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could someone please let me know of some reputable breeders in Ontario.
We have decided to do more research.

I just read the thread about Strays.
I would rather not take a chance.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes, you should definitely be confident in your choice, and comfortable in my opinion in order to move forward with a puppy. Even if you made a deposit, sometimes you can get it back, if not, sometimes better to walk away if you are not comfortable and leave ur money. Hopefully it all gets resolved! good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, you should definitely be confident in your choice, and comfortable in my opinion in order to move forward with a puppy. Even if you made a deposit, sometimes you can get it back, if not, sometimes better to walk away if you are not comfortable and leave ur money. Hopefully it all gets resolved! good luck.
Thank you.
That's my thoughts about it. Good bye deposit, probably better off. I just have this feeling. I've already caught her in one lie. :(

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thank you.
That's my thoughts about it. Good bye deposit, probably better off. I just have this feeling. I've already caught her in one lie. :(
If you've already caught her in one lie then IT IS better off.

There have been quite a few other Ontarians on here looking for a breeder. See the link below which is centered on Deathmetal's reply with some good places to start.
http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/60681-looking-reputable-breeder-ontario-canada.html#post988779

Reactions: Deathmetal
1 - 8 of 8 Posts