Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to adopt.

We have raised 2 Dobermans, and sadly Garth is now in heaven.
I've waited 2 years for that whole in my heart to go away with no luck. I know I can't replace him but we have room in our family(and hearts) for another male.

I want to adopt this time. I believe every Dobe deserves a wonderful home, not just the puppies. I am retired. We have a safe, private farm. Our house is full of love, and we can provide acres of room to run, and a warm bed at night (with me). Dobermans are special and require lots of patience and understanding.

We currently have our saucy Red Dobie and a female GSD.

I have been calling Humane Societies for weeks with no luck. By the time the correct person gets back to you, that dog has moved on. I've even tried kijiji. Each time the dog is already gone.

I'm looking here for help please. We would love a black male. Ears don't matter. Size doesn't matter. We can handle special needs. My dogs are outside with me for hours everyday.

Please let me know if anyone here knows of an adult male that needs an exceptional home for the rest of their life. Thank you so much.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Other than shelters, have you tried contacting some area Dobe specific rescues? I wish I could suggest some to get you started but I'm way out of your region so I wouldn't begin to know a good rescue. Hopefully some of our Ontario members will be able to chime in and offer suggestions.

I'm sorry for the loss of your boy.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
flaminscotch, bless you for wanting to Adopt and not Shop!

I hope your next Dobie finds you soon!

You sound like an awesome home.

Good luck with your search.

Hugz to you and yours!

if i hear of one i will let you know.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the lovely thoughts.
Of course my two girls are wonderful. They make me smile everyday.
I will do my homework, and with a little help we should have another precious Doberman running around playing on the farm this summer.:)

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
I sent you a PM with a few leads.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Toronto Animal Services- South has( or at least did have) an all natural black doberboy- very much still young and boistrous. Said to be a nice dog in general just a big goofy puppy who needs some training still.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I would say contact some breeders in the area as some get dogs returned to them or have adults they'd be willing to place.

·
Registered
355 Posts
ontariodoberescue.ca seems to have nice looking rescue dogs. Also, depending on where you are in Ontario, there should be rescues that can have dobermans coming through every once in a while. I found my man Odin on kijiji.I know it's not ideal, but it always worth a look. We are so happy with him!

Hope you find one soon!!

Jon

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
ontariodoberescue.ca is not a reputable! stay away from them. try Erica at Doberman & Equine Assistance 345, that is the true Ontario dobe rescue. and yes, try some of the breeders, you can find a list at Doberman Pinscher Club of Canada, I haven't heard of any boys being rehomed but you never know. Good luck with your search. There is definitely something about the boys.

there is a 6 yr old boy on Erica's site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please PM me as I have to give my 3.5 year old away. He is about 130lbs in tip top shape, super smart, and trained with a lot of commands.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just picked up a flyer from the CK Animal Rescue Today. They are a volunteer based organization in Chatham Kent Ontario, that rescues dogs from high kill shelters in the states. They currently don't have any dobes but they may be be able to connect you with one in the states.
CK Animal Rescue

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you everyone. I am going to follow up on your leads this week.

I met a young male Doberman with his foster parents on Saturday. This sweet boy had lived the first part of his life outside and probably wouldn't have lived. He is now with a wonderful couple. After spending a few hours with him, well, I knew he would fit in perfectly with our family. Quite frankly I had fallen in love.
The foster parents and I talked extensivly as they had already turned away many prospective homes. We talked again Sunday morning and I was given the go ahead to pick him up this week.

I just received an email that they have decided to keep him.

The most important thing is that they are loving people and he has a safe home with a Dobersister to play with.

Why am I so upset. How can I be crying over a dog that was never mine. My mind knows that everything is fine. My heart feels so sad that I won't have this little boy is my life. Good grief.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so greedy. Should I just be happy with my 2 girls.

I think I need to take today to regroup. I will let myself have a good cry over Zack and then concentrate on my search later this week.

Thanks for listening.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts