Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Meliss
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I am new too the forum, I have a question about posting, My Scarlett is 6 months old had her ears cropped the 1st week of October 2011. I am very happy with her crop, just having a problem with her left ear, will only stand for a couple of hours once post is taken out and flops, Right ear on the other hand is great, almost STUCK up, rarely ever comes down, even when she is asleep. Since her right ear is perfect....

Can I continue to post up only the left ear??? Sorry Pic is so blurry but here is what she looks like

Thanks for any info

Attachments

·
Heat Seeking Missile
522 Posts
Yes you can post only the left ear. It's not uncommon to have one ear that takes longer to stand. Any pics of your girl?

Oh and welcome to DT :)

·
Super Moderator
22,014 Posts
Welcome! You may want to use a larger font in your posts - it's quite small to read.

As far as posting goes, if either ear is dropping at all you should keep posting! Don't leave them down longer than it takes to clean and dry the ears. Six months isn't all that long to post. Some people post for a year (or longer!).

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
As far as posting goes, if either ear is dropping at all you should keep posting! Don't leave them down longer than it takes to clean and dry the ears. Six months isn't all that long to post. Some people post for a year (or longer!).
This is exactly what I was gona say. There's nothing wrong with posting only one ear but if the other one is showing any sign of weakness I"d be posting that one too.

I love the crop she has.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Keep posting the one ear. Some times it can take months more for the other ear. When you change posts and clean the ear do not leave it unposted for hours. Repost it right a way. You said rarely for the other. If you think the other ear is weak rarely. Repost it also.
Just keep up with it. Don't stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts