Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago today, Beau arrived in NC and it has been a whirlwind of emotion since then. I won’t wax poetic here, I’ve done that on his website and his instagram but I will extend my heartfelt appreciation to DT. The expert advice, instruction, ”therapy” and camaraderie has been invaluable. Thank you!!!!

If you want to read more about our story, you can visit his website but, in any event, here are my nuggets of wisdom I would share with anyone contemplating getting a Doberman.
  • You can do a ton of research on Dobermans and be an experienced skilled dog trainer and still not be prepared
  • Dobermans require near-infinite stores of patience, money, time, and commitment
  • Dobermans like to poke everything and, like cats, think it is funny to poke something off a table
  • Dobermans don’t understand the concept of personal space
  • Dobermans will challenge, vex, and reward you like none other
  • I wouldn’t change a thing from the past year, except maybe the broken bones and torn meniscus.
Dog Working animal Plant Collar Carnivore

Brown Dog Furniture Flowerpot Comfort

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Biome Companion dog

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,782 Posts
Handsome pup; handsome grup (remember Star Trek episode? Not that he is like those grups--but the rhyme worked.)

And I suppose you could argue about whether he is grup anyway, some days more than others...

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha, I am going to refer to you as Miri now. 😁

Some days still all pup, most days a bit of grup!

·
Premium Member
11,851 Posts
Double M --- WOW ! I love the intensity in his eye's - He is so good looking !

Congrats Beau for putting up with your Mom in this first year - lol

Had to edit MM - Went to Beau's site - He did pretty good with it : ))) The video of him swimming was to funny !

You did a nice job with it !

·
Super Moderator
22,695 Posts
Congrats on all the progress you've made! You are a great team. It just gets better from here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow! Broken bones? A couple of my dogs have taken out my knees when young (each only did it once as if she learned from the experience), but they never broke anything. It took a horse to do that. Even Gibbs managed to charge into the back of a knee a couple of weeks ago at full speed. He put me on the ground howling at the time and left me limping for 10 days. Whether he's too impressed to do it again we'll see.

You have all my sympathy, even if it's in arrears.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wow! Broken bones? A couple of my dogs have taken out my knees when young (each only did it once as if she learned from the experience), but they never broke anything. It took a horse to do that. Even Gibbs managed to charge into the back of a knee a couple of weeks ago at full speed. He put me on the ground howling at the time and left me limping for 10 days. Whether he's too impressed to do it again we'll see.

You have all my sympathy, even if it's in arrears.
Thank you! I think a lot of it comes down to the similarity in physical sizes. On his back legs Beau has been taller than me for several months. As a little guy he was the typical whirling dervish and, as you know, momentum can be a killer. Everything is healed up now and he is a lot more aware of what his crazy little body is doing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congratulations, he is a very handsome boy! Luckily no broken bones here, lots of bruises most of which are actually from the darn tug rope. Never get one with knots on the end!! My girl runs around shaking her head like crazy and wacks us every single time.

May we outsmart them and survive another year😉😉

1 - 9 of 9 Posts