Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When we got our first Dobe, Spock as a puppy, then adopted Eva, two years later, one thing we didn't know at the outset about Dobermans was how needy they are! Having two Dobes isn't twice as demanding of their human's attention, it's 4X as much, since the two Dobes will compete even more for it! As I have recounted in other threads, my wife would frequently say "No more Dobes, they're just too needy!" She changed her view after we lost Spock in Sept and Eva recently diagnosed with DCM)

This morning, I was organizing and cleaning out my phone's video archives when I came across this short clip (July '20) of both Spock and Eva doing what they did best- clinging to their human, providing love and affection... Spock was this way with most every person he met. Eva is also very affectionate, but a bit slower. She is now becoming more Spock-like.

Spock & Eva - Needy Dobes!

·
Registered
159 Posts
OMG My 2 just overtly compete for my attention, and count all discrepancies! Bella gets 1st honors and love because well, she's the queen, and Loki Just Has To Be Patient..... I mean, how could I ever resist either of them! Loki thinks he is a lap dog... Bella would never, ever lower her Highness self to that sort of thing!

·
Premium Member
8,372 Posts
They are much too quiet - haha!! Mine are truly obnoxious about it - I wish I knew how to post a video of one of Harvards temper tantrums. Video is on my phone, and I only access DT on my computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts