Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a Doberman, but I hope no one minds that I post it here...

This weekend I had the pleasure of meeting Zip. She is a border collie, 10 years old, she was the victim of a hit and run in her own front yard. Sue (the lady that owns Zip) Said that the driver purposely left the road to come in her yard and hit Zip. This was a year ago it happened. Today she has had back surgery, but her pelvis is still messed up. And she plans to take her in for that surgery as well if the vet thinks she will walk again. She still kicks her legs in her wheelchair, and has the possibility of walking. She's gone through every treatment available. Zip is very well loved, and has every drive to fetch, run, do agility, herding she doesn't even acknowledge her wheelchair

I starting filming a little late, but I would encourage all of you to listen to the story, and watch as Zip still loves Agility despite all that has happened...

In Honor of Zip she got her "Glory Run"
(P.S. I am sorry that the video shows the ground I was adjusting the camera, but didn't want to stop rolling.)
qxtTegEAxwQ

·
Aggressive Female
3,720 Posts
what is wrong with people? going off a road to purposefully hit a dog?

She obviously loved agility... I feel so bad for her though, not being able to run like a dog should...

honestly, I don't know if I would put my dog through surgery and recovery at that age... it's just too painful and hard on an older dog.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is wrong with people? going off a road to purposefully hit a dog?

She obviously loved agility... I feel so bad for her though, not being able to run like a dog should...

honestly, I don't know if I would put my dog through surgery and recovery at that age... it's just too painful and hard on an older dog.
I agree I am not sure I would do it either. But if you met Zip you would see why the owner would even consider it...

She was still throwing people the ball, dropping it at their feet. She can swim! She's got a lot of heart and a wheelchair slowing her down

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow Zip really has some heart, and clearly loooooves agility.

Sadly this is not the only story I have heard about people swerving off of the road to hit a dog. There are a lot of sick-os in this world who do not deserve to be here.

At least Zip can still get around pretty good in her chair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts