Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

On my way to the vet

3K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  Ruthie 
#1 ·
Last night at our obedience class, I noticed that Sabrina was limping on her left front shoulder. I noticed it because one wall of the room that we train in is completely mirrored.

It doesn't seem as noticable today so hopefully it's nothing too serious and just a strained muscle but I'm taking her to the vet anyway.

All good vibes are appreciated.

#2 ·
Aw, crap. Hopefully she's just boogered herself up a bit, and just needs a couple day's rest.

Let us know what the dog doc says.

Reactions: txsaphire
#5 ·
Oh no! I hope she's just a little sore and it's nothing serious. Keep us posted.

#6 ·
Keep us updated. Hopefully it's nothing.

#16 ·
I hope all is well.

#18 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes! We got back from the vet and apparantly she has a pinched nerve, probably from acting like a maniac when she sees a squirrel.

OTOH, she's also been getting a lot of exercise since the weather has been warm, so who knows...

So she gave her a steroid anti-imflammatory (Azium) injection, some pain medication and ordered her to REST (the hard part!) for the next few days.

I also might take her to the chiropractor especially after my vet told me that she takes her own dobermans for monthly adjustments and loves the results.

#20 ·
Another "amen" for the chiro!

Relieving and resting is great, but actually fixing the pinchy issue is even better.

Good luck keeping a good girl down, for even a few days :D

#21 ·
Rest sucks! But I'm glad it doesn't seem to be anything serious. I hope it stays not serious.

Feel better soon, Sabrina!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.