Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so there's the Cookie Lady - or so how Quincy knows her.. on our regular walk route. Now.. we haven't seen the cookie lady for some time (turns out due to her crazy work schedule), but cookie lady was alive and well yesterday evening.

Very nice lady, but a bit 'kookie'.... quincy absolutely loves her because she falls over backwards to give him - yep - cookies. She'll disappear into her apartment and come back out with dog treats of whatever type she picked up whereever.. odd thing .. she doesn't have a dog herself, only cats. She has dog treats simply to treat passing by dogs.

Well yesterday she produces these mini, stuffed, bully stick type treats. Imagine quincy simply bursting with joy and anticipation - giving this lady the attention a champion obedience dog would give - quincy would have done anything for this lady at that moment - and he's frothing at the mouth.... well cookie lady gives him said mini-bully stick and I watch in horror as Q appears to have sucked the thing down whole, lengthwise... $4000 vet bill , blockage, bloating all flash before my eyes within seconds..

I reach down and fortunately he has not inhaled said treat yet, so I get it from him, smile, and tell cookie lady "gee, this treat is maybe for later when he's more settled down..." so cookie lady disappears and reappears with more normal littel bite size dog cookies which Q consume a handful of.

And a first.. realizing that Q will consume all she has to give, cookie lady I think realized she reached her limit of dog treats... so cookie lady makes an excuse to part ways, we all say goodbye, me and Q move on down the street...

and I toss the dang bully stick treat thing in the trash once out of sight.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
In my mothers neighborhood, there is also a "cookie" treat lady. She does not have dogs or cats however buy treats for the dogs she knows. When ever we visit my mom and walk Roxy she outside waiting for us. I think it's very sweet. Quick reflexes on the bully stick :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice!! I always hate when people at the bank or toll booths insist on giving my dogs treats. I don't really know why, but it annoys me. I guess they mean well.
If its the super el cheapo milk-bone style treat, Athena will grab it, then drop it and look at me like 'what am I supposed to do with that'??

·
Registered
206 Posts
well cookie lady gives him said mini-bully stick and I watch in horror as Q appears to have sucked the thing down whole, lengthwise... $4000 vet bill , blockage, bloating all flash before my eyes within seconds..
I would have thought the same with Ripley! My dad bought some treats at the grocery and has some in his pocket when he comes to my house. It is strange. He's not a pet person at all, but the older he gets his personality changes.

·
joie de vivre
11,268 Posts
LOL! That's how Tali tries to eat treats and I, too, have stick my entire hand in her mouth immediately to pull things out (always treats given freely by others - I'm getting faster at asking what it is before they just give it to her).

I always enjoy it a little when someone looks at me like I'm insane for shoving my hand in a Doberman's mouth to take food away, but even if it were dangerous (it's not - I can take anything from her) I bet I could get my hand sewn back on for under 4 grand. ;) LOL

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL! That's how Tali tries to eat treats and I, too, have stick my entire hand in her mouth immediately to pull things out (always treats given freely by others - I'm getting faster at asking what it is before they just give it to her).

I always enjoy it a little when someone looks at me like I'm insane for shoving my hand in a Doberman's mouth to take food away, but even if it were dangerous (it's not - I can take anything from her) I bet I could get my hand sewn back on for under 4 grand. ;) LOL
exactly!! I'll be screaming... put my hand on ice put my hand on ice but happy I'd be avoiding the vet bill...

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
lol...oh Q and his adventures.

Now let me tell you what's up Quincy. We have a french bread lady here in the grocery store. If you're lucky you can catch her strutting down the aisles with her piping hot french bread. Sometimes you have to flag her down though, she likes to play jokes. Just borrow a service dog vest and butter up French Bread Lady. That bread is so dang good.. Don't do what Zelda did though and eat an entire loaf of bread and look like a sausage kolache.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol...oh Q and his adventures.

Now let me tell you what's up Quincy. We have a french bread lady here in the grocery store. If you're lucky you can catch her strutting down the aisles with her piping hot french bread. Sometimes you have to flag her down though, she likes to play jokes. Just borrow a service dog vest and butter up French Bread Lady. That bread is so dang good.. Don't do what Zelda did though and eat an entire loaf of bread and look like a sausage kolache.

oh my!! I was in Houston Texas last week for a meeting...had my first ever sausage kolache - dang those are good.

·
Da Boss
3,488 Posts
Brandy has a couple places on one of our routes that if the people are out, she gets a cookie. We don't see them that often though, so it's not a big problem.
Got me to thinking though....
Wouldn't it be awesome if people were so excited to give YOU food? You're just wandering down the street and someone comes running after you with a Snickers bar!

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brandy has a couple places on one of our routes that if the people are out, she gets a cookie. We don't see them that often though, so it's not a big problem.
Wouldn't it be awesome if people were so excited to give YOU food? You're just wandering down the street and someone comes running after you with a Snickers bar!
or a pizza... here here please eat this pizza... and here.. please please drink this cold beer with it.... ah that would be great

·
Got mutt?
13,814 Posts
Poor Leo, the cashier at Petsmart didn't give her cookies tonight. :(

As for your Cookie Lady, at least she's happy to see Q, and doesn't run screaming the other direction.

·
Registered
625 Posts
and here.. please please drink this cold beer with it.... ah that would be great
That would be PERFECT!

Oh dear! This definitely wouldn't go over well with Koa... he walks up to the cashiers, sits and looks at them like "hey, I'm sitting pretty, I know you have treats up there!"

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Best. Idea. Ever.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

As for your Cookie Lady, at least she's happy to see Q, and doesn't run screaming the other direction.
you know, that is so true!

and regarding the cashier, quincy doesn't let them stop him - he jumps up on the counter and knows how to open the bin.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,320 Posts
LOL! Love Q stories. I would have done the same thing. I too am scared to death of the obstruction thing. But, I can stick my hand in Baron's mouth without problems. Usually its to get a pile of deer poop or mower gunk out of his mouth before he quickly swallows!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Quick reflexes with Q! It's funny how quick that instinctive grab reflex becomes...

LOL! Love Q stories. I would have done the same thing. I too am scared to death of the obstruction thing. But, I can stick my hand in Baron's mouth without problems. Usually its to get a pile of deer poop or mower gunk out of his mouth before he quickly swallows!
...I've done the same, only with horse poo, and forgot I had a brand new pair of white winter gloves on. Oops.

These days it's usually prying whatever tidbit Dakota finds on garbage day...people who put their green bag out the night before so the ***** and squirrels can rip through it, leaving a nice assortment of apple cores and hot dog buns for us to find. Lovely!

The weirdest thing I've ever had offered to Dakota was from a man in a park. He came up to me with a very giant, very drippy chocolate ice cream cone, said he didn't want it anymore and asked if my dog could have it. Ummm chocolate ice cream? No thanks! My dog is not a garbage disposal for all of your leftover sugary goodies. Dumbass.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts